Sunday, January 18, 2009

SCO Gala 09

Worked on both days for this event. Quite tiring. Felt giddy while I was working, especially on the first day. I wonder why. Maybe it's due to my hunger and I wasn't feeling really well as I am still having diahorrea. I had the same jobscope for both days but different things to be done for each days. I was rather blur for these two days though.

Security on the first day was really tight. All the people that enters the building have to be scanned throughly. The reason was that prime minister Lee Hsien Loong was the guest-of-honour for that day. I was rather shocked when I reached there. There weren't any checks when president Nathan was the guest-of-honour previously.

I was in-charge of the VIP again. Changed with one of the colleague to get this position. I think there were other ministers too. There were quite a lot of bodyguards. So concentrated. There were times when I do not know where I can stand. Haha. I am supposed to direct patrons to exit from the other door. The bodyguard that stood beside me did that. Feel like he snatched my job. Haha. Anyway, the bodyguards were so different from president Nathan's bodyguards. Their dressing were "advance formal" instead of the "simple formal".

The show was nice but I didn't really watched it. Was quite busy and I wasn't feeling very well. I was feeling giddy and had stomach ache. Thanks to Victor for telling me what to do when I was feeling giddy and do not know what to do.

There were the edited version of lion dance, 95.8FM deejays' play, suona and erhu solos and project superstar champion Kelvin Tan's performance. The play was hilarious but I do not understand as the deejays spoke in dialects. The audience were laughing with enjoyment. The soloists were superb. They used some techniques that I have never seen before. Cool. Kelvin Tan's voice was a little weird though. His fringe covered his right face and I didn't really get to see how he looked like. Haha.

After the performance, I opened the door for the VIPs to exit. Didn't get clear instructions from the in-charge though. Think I am supposed to ask teh cleaner to make way as she was cleaning near the lift that the prime minister is going to take. I stood outside the door, looking around to make sure that there weren't any people coming up the stairs to block the way. As I turned my head, Mr Lee came out. When I turned my head back, I saw him like turning his head from my side to the other side. Maybe it's because of that split second I missed the chance for him to maybe say goodbye. He waved goodbye to the waiters at the nearby reception table. I am so jealous. =.= By the way, he is really tall. Haha.

After the patrons had left, I did the routine house-checks, removing the stickers on the VIP chairs. The prime minister's tag wasn't there. Wanted to keep it for souvenir though. Hmm. =\ Anyway, after removing the stickers and picked up some house menus, I went to take a rest as I still wasn't feeling very well. Thanks to the in-charge to allow me to take autographs from the performers. ^^ I feel bad that I almost got him into trouble. =S

For the second day, it was more relaxed than the first day. It was just like any other SCO event. I get to watch the show a little more. I didn't miss the starting and get to see the interesting percussion piece played. Four drums, two types with two drums each, were placed at different locations of the house. It was really COOL.

Kelvin Tan's voice was a lot better than the first day too. I understand what the play was going on too. SCO played the famous advertisement of the maggie instant noodle, so nice. Haha. SCO is really GOOD.

Jiewei got scolded by one patron. How rude that patron was! I have known Jiewei for years. She is definitely not the type of person that the patron had complained. Besides from that, there were also complains from the manager, for other issues, not that particular patron's issue. No matter what, I know that everybody had put in their effort doing their job.

Frankly saying, I just hope that more information will be given so that each of us know what to do. I took taxi home with Jiewei after that since we were able to claim the fare. Anyway, working for this event has allowed me to gain new experiences.





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa