Saturday, January 10, 2009

NYP Open House 2009 - Wushu Performance

I am so happy that I somehow got the chance to be involved in the open house. Frankly saying, I am a little disappointed when I didn't get the chance to be involved as a helper. Glad that I got to perform. =)

I really thank my auntie for driving me to school as the injuries on my right ankle somehow acted up since Monday. I get to save walking some distance.

I reached school early to meet Ruiqi, hoping to rehearse a little with her before the rest comes. However, I ended up trying to settle my laptop as this was the first time that I brought my computer to school. Lots of settings have to be done in order for me to be able to access the internet. Brought my laptop to school because it's my school's e-learning day and I haven't got anything done yet in the morning. Thanks to Kennard that I managed to get the settings done successfully.

After Liyan and Liping arrived, we went to the atrium together with Ruiqi, as I was wanted to take the health science's booklet and some free gifts if we were given. Haha. We went to take a look at our performance area too. It was smaller as spaces were reserved by the chinese orchestra and symphonic band.

We went back to change and do some warm-up before reporting to the performance area. Went to tell Ziwei coach about the change of place with Ruiqi too.

I am quite disappointed as I didn't do very well for this performance. I wasn't able to do the kick properly due to the pain. The silver lining of this performance is that I am glad that I have got enough space to do the routine and I was able to hear Liyan's command.

After the performance, my ankle became more painful. Think I have somehow stressed it. Was worrying whether I would be able to perform for the second slot or not when I received news that the performance for the second slot is cancelled. Our performance schedule changed from one slot per day to two slots on Friday then to one slot each on Friday and Saturday and finally settles to that one Friday slot. Was hoping to perform more so that I can gain more experience and confidence.

Everyone did a great job and I am hoping for more improvements for my next performance. =)




No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa