Wednesday, January 21, 2009

NYP Wushu Chinese New Year Performance 2009

The performance this time round was quite different. It was a two-day performance whereby there were only three juniors performing on each day. Instead of just the performance, there were the fair where things were sold. Furthermore, for both days, I led. I LED.

On the first day, it was terrible. Ruiqi and Fengwei went to the atrium area first as I need to make a trip to my classroom. After meeting them at the atrium, Fengwei told me that none of the seniors will lead us and I have to lead. Alright, it's a good chance to train my confidence. Courage zone. But I didn't have time to rehearse and just go onto the performing area. I was doing some stretching when the music started playing and the seniors are already starting hteir performance.

My counts kept having the number "4" missing. No last minute tips or anything. My voice was loud, but Fengwei and Ruiqi can't hear me for some of the time as I was standing at one end of the row. The people selling the "ba gua" and some other things merely stared at me. =.= Wrong direction of the sound waves. Haha.

Thank you Ruiqi and Fengwei's understanding that it was my first time leading. Frankly saying, I am not very happy with my performance. I am not happy that I am not stable.

Second day, formation changed. Edward replaces Fengwei. My position was in the middle. Instead of standing in one "horizontal line" like the first day, we stood in a "vertical line". The "lines" are with reference to plan view with the theatre for the arts as the upper border. Haha. The travelling of the sound waves was better. Both Ruiqi and Edward were able to hear my command. Edward was a little "kancheong" initially. I haven't start and he starts. Haha. It was a lot better than the first day. I felt more stable for the second day as I did have the chance to rehearse with Ruiqi and Edward once before the performance.

Anyway, good job everyone! =D





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa