Friday, September 10, 2010

Ushers' Briefing 2010

The briefing was held at the exhibition hall instead of the sectional practice hall. It was a very big room with a lot of chairs. I wondered why there were so many chairs when it was known that only twenty-two people will turn up.

Anyway, the chairs were separated into two blocks just like the previous briefing. BT refused to sit with the other two "old timer" and sit with us the "young timer".

Jason was a "star". He was famous over a night as he walked past the guest-of-honour some time ago. I was scared that what I did will be revealed too but glad that it did not.

After some discussions of the rules and some scenarios, we were brought to walk around to see the fire safty exit route. We were split into two groups. WX led my group. The funny thing was that she actually brought us to where the fire engine will park and told us that that is the placce that we will have to assemble. Shocked. We then see Mr Tai's group walking towards the other end of the place and we followed, getting to the correct place for assembly.

Mr Tai explained quite a number of stuffs. Justin suddenly asked whether we were listening. We replied no and he tell BT that we will not be able to survive if he is not the IC. Nice joke.

We then proceeded together to the main entrance of the building. Mr Tai mentioned that patrons that escape the fire from this side will just automatically run away. I wonder which patron will assemble at the carpark with us.

It was time for food after that. The time to punch our card was right after the walk. Time to eat the buffet was not counted. I ate with Peishan. We didn't talk much. I took three chocolate eclairs. There wasn't anymore when I went for a second round. Lin gave me her last eclair seeing that I was eating my last chocolate eclair. So sweet.

Punching out, I left the place after realising that my hope to pack some food home was not feasible. I was the last one to leave though as I ate kind of slow. My appetite for that day wasn't that big.

Walking alone to the MRT station, I was glad that I met some of them in the train. Reuben called me as I did not see them initially. Too focused on rushing into the train that was about to close it's doors. Had some nice chats with YuRi and YiTian's brother who both live in the North.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa