Saturday, September 18, 2010

SCH Ushers Steamboat Outing 2010

Reaching Bugis MRT station early, I went to walk around Bugis Junction before proceeding to look for the rest. While heading back to the MRT station to look for the rest, BT saw me and brought me to the fountain at the soup spoon where the rest had already gathered.

On the way there, YuYue called me to tell me of their new location and what a coincident that I saw NDP08 F2's leader again after YOG. I think he has already forgotten me.

We waited for Uncle Jimmy and Junying before setting off to the steamboat shop. It was then confirmed that Uncle Jimmy was not attending after Junying arrived. Great. He was actually one of the reasons why I chose to attend.

We walked towards the shophouses and stopped by a steamboat shop. It looks a little old though. We were directed to the second floor for our meal. It was air-conditioned at the second floor. I however did not find the ventilation very good.

Settling down, we started to take orders. I am the only person there who is unable to consume beef. Thanks to BT, YuRi and Reuben for accomdating.

Tasting the soup before the fire was turned on, I find the soup kind of salty. Soup ordered were duck and chicken soup, one kind on each half of the "pot".

After submitting the order form, we got our drinks and dishes shortly. There were some dishes that we ordered but were not sent to us. Great.

My side of people was not as happening as those on the other side. They were fighting and searching for their glutinous cake. My table only became happening when Reuben tried to put the whole chunk of noodles into my plate. The other table commented our table is finally having some happening event.

Chatted and ate. I ate more than I talked. I kept eating till the rest stopped eating and I was still hungry. I was a little shocked with my appetite though. The rest ordered one more bottle of green tea while I ordered a little more food to eat. The lotus root is nice.

I started to feel a little full after the third round. Guess it was due to the halt while waiting for my third round of food to be served.

BT went down to settle the bills first so we took a group photo without him before we left. Reaching the first floor to meet up with him, he didn't accept any money from us. He said it's alright as it is once in a blue moon.

The food was generally alright. I however still prefer the fish from the steamboat shop at Ang Mo Kio.

Walking towards ilumna, we then bid farewell to each other. Took the train back together with YuYue and YuRi as usual. YuYue hit my stomach and I felt my stomach was kind of protruding a little and it was kind of stiff. Guess I really ate a lot.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa