Sunday, September 12, 2010

SYCO Chamber Recital: Elegant Music Series 2010

This event was so short till I was shocked. The music was really nice and my passion of music that I pressed down seems to come up again. "大理情风" was really nice though it was a little different from what MF performed.

Before the event commence, I saw Benjamin Boo practicing his percussion. Nice melody. I was expecting some nice pieces for the night. One sanxian musician came up to practice as well. YuYue was telling YuRi that the sanxian musician is their senior and is a gay. I was shocked to hear that gossip.

The sight of that GM irks me. During the performance, he was talking non-stop to the music director (MD), Tsung Yeh. Does that mean that it's alright not to show any respect just because the musicians are not from SCO? Or is it that they are just simply youths? He should be banished from all concert halls! I really wondered why the MD talked too. Music should always be respected and especially by people who practice it.

I thought the presentation of music should improve. Some musicians seemed so stiff and some did not sit with a good posture. Overall, they are still good.

Many patrons were shocked that this SCO concert was so short. I had to answer many of their query. There was no intermission at all. Short session with quality music is cool.

I took a trainride home with YuYue and YuRi. Tried to talk to YuYue but there does't seems to have much things to talk about. I am not very good at finding topics for conversation. YuRi was dozing away throughout the ride though.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa