Saturday, September 11, 2010

Catholic High School Chinese Orchestra Concert 2010

Catholic High School has a strong Chinese Orchestra. I still however prefer Hwa Chong's Institution's Chinese Orchestra.

Weird instructions from the hirer. I was asked to follow the LCQ on the paper given yet the hirer kept doing things that she felt like it. Great. It was said that kids under the age of six was not allowed into the concert hall. I do not like this rule. While checking with hirer, the hirer allowed them in. Conflicts in instructions. I was glad that the parents were nice to us, remaining calm while waiting for the issue to be resolved.

The concert was alright. Not much of an issue for that night. Thanks to WanRong, I got to have the nicely designed program. It was like a wedding invitation card with lots of "postcards" inside. Initially, I thought it was some nice landscape pictures. I then realised that it was pictures of the musicians after I opened it. Oh well.

I feel so smart for being able to guess the pattern of the conductor. I have correctly predicted an encore piece. Anyway, the first song was kind of weird. Birthday song and a mix of another cartoon music. I understand the birthday part as it was their anniversary, but cartoon? Furthermore, I find the musicians rather robotic in their performance.

The concert ended and we quickly do the routine house-checks. I am still pissed off that someone is roaming around and doesn't work.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa