Monday, July 27, 2009

NDP 2009 NE Show 3

Some disappointment I must say. I wonder why. Not feeling really well physically and mentally.

Reached the F1 pit after taking the shuttle bus from Pek Kio CC. Took a picture while the bus was moving and I actually managed to capture what I want in the center of the picture. Cool. First time ever.

The milo truck wasn't there when we alight the bus. Saw Old Chang Kee. Their business have not start yet and there were lots of people queuing up already. After putting down our bags, those whose costumes have problem went to queue up for "doctor consultation" while the rest went to walk around. My first station after running to the toilet, Old Chang Kee! Took curry puffs as usual. Queued again as I wanted to taste the fried dumplings. Out of stock. Queued again after a while, out of stock again. Saw others managed to get it but I can't. My luck. No milo. But there's ice cream. Took a strawberry flavoured cone. It was half-melted even though the person distributing placed it in the icebox. Hmm.

Tried to sit down and study but I can't. The smell of the hairsprays triggered my migraine. Went to accompany Yaxin at the long queue. We went around to take food as usual. Mr Bean soya milk is yummy. While chatting, while I was eating my hard texture sotong stick, a guy came to collect our signatures for a magazine that all performers are going to receive. We signed our names with creativity! Yaxin, Yaoteck and I posed for a photo while two photographers came along to snap pictures. A boy behind us was laughing very loudly. Later then I found out that Yaoteck placed a twist on Yaxin and my head. Haha. It's kind of weird to take that picture with my half-eaten sotong stick.

The sootng stick was really hard. It took me some time to finish eating due to the extra effort needed to chew the food. Herchuan said that I really ate very long. People around me were guessing that the sotong stick was not fresh anymore; it was heated up for a second time.

After a while, I went out to walk around. The smell of the hairspray was really strong. I still can smell it though I was a distance away. Went to flyer for a walk. Guess my nose was really sensitive. Others were telling me that they were not able to smell it. Went to take a walk at the mini garden at flyer with Yaxin. Nice! Nice flowers, nice fishes, nice waterfall. We took lots of pictures. Fun!

Went back for dinner before heading back to flyer again. Xinfeng tried to ask for some medicated oil from the first aid tent for me. A little shocked as she brought me there without me knowing what was going on. Thank you for trying to help though.

We then went to flyer together with Yaxin. The toilet sure is a conducive environment. Answered my long nature call upon reaching there. We then took some nice pictures with the drawings opposite the lifts and the Orang Utan outside one of the office. The close observation of the flyer is really cool. Water was dripping down the capsules. Wondered why initially. Mystery solved after William told me that it was caused by the air-con. The water almost dripped on me at times. Wow. I hope that I can have a chance to take a ride in the flyer one day.

We slacked at the chairs after snapping pictures. We were waiting for the uncapping ceremony. A closer look this time. The ceremony was a little delayed. We were called to go off to change while I was videoing halfway. Oh man! I was about to witness the gist of the ceremony and I was called to go off. Oh well. Anyway, the feeling of having a close look was really different. Hope I can see it again for the next show, the whole ceremony.

Ran to the toilet back and forth to change. First time wearing a thinner shirt and shorts. Not so hot though. Waited at the road as usual. I got my camera ready to take nice video of the F-16s flypast. Taking a nice video is not easy at all. Seeing the planes sure brighten up my spirit a little.

Marched to the floating platform. Wanted to grab a drink there but the table was kept. Heard the person in-charge for the previous show was scolded for not keeping the table. Heard that his duty was to give water to a certain time only. Wonder where I can get water if I am thristy again.

Looking at the audience from the walkway, they doesn't seems to be as noisy as the first two shows. Haojun was commenting that the lights were a lot lesser. Seeing people dancing in the grids, I noticed that the first row of grids were closed. I wonder why. Went to the tent as usual. There was a guy taking video of us. Haha. Cool. Went to the backstage and "highed" with the music for the previous item. I am still reluctant to put on that helmet. My head was still pain.

Ran out when the doors were opened. Only heard some screams instead of cheer like the previous shows. Tried to boost some strength by reminding myself that my family was out there supporting me at the blue sector. I am still not happy with the helmet. Difficulty in breathing. I wondered where my family was sitting. After the performance, I ran out, looking around blue sector, hoping to see them. While running, My cudgel trapped in one of the holes on the stage. Pulled it out quickly with lots of strength and ran out quickly. Saw the signal for the next item was already orange light; I must leave the stage fast.

Finally we got to have a rest at the corridor between gate 1 and exit F1. I was sweating! A little more wet than the previous shows. Glad that Shuting brought tissue. Thank you! We started walking towards gate 6 after resting for a while.

While getting ready for our exit for the finale, lots of golden "construction workers" were clapping and shouting with high spirits behind us. Cool. Didn't turn my head to see the fireworks while the national anthem was played. Only turned my head after that. I still like the fireworks display, especially the heart-shaped fireworks. Nice.

We were asked to watch the playback of our performance in the "eye" while the crowd was being cleared. The people that were usually took over by the simulators were here. Spice girls, the pipa player and other singers. Gurmit Singh and another emcee actually performed in the item before my item. Wow. While we were watching happily, anticipating the next item which was ours to be shown, they cut off the playback! Oh man! How great was that.

I was a little disappointed that my family were not able to come and find me. Sockhui wasn't able to come too. Heard that it was too crowded. Hmm.

We waited for our turn to be dismissed after that. Heard Mayflower Secondary School to be called out. Guess they are performing this year again. But I did not get to see which of the group is them. A little shocked. But it did proved that what I heard at NE show 2 was not wrong; I did hear my secondary school being called out.

Bored while waiting, there was a "fight" going on between Ruiqi and Herchuan. Joined in for a while later on. I keep pulling Herchuan's watch and shoe lace. I think he was really "pekchek". Tired me tried to doze a little.

Walking back, I got "suanned" as usual. Said "I hate Haojun" and Haojun replied "take a number. Alvin was saying that this was what happened during NE 2 at the same spot. Lol. Deejavu?

Changing out after reaching the pit area, Jessen helped us to take the Sunshine breads. Chocolate flavour. Thank you!

I took the bus back to Pek Kio CC as usual. Walked all the way to the other end of the pit area again. Saw one army guy wearing the Singapore team Martial House t-shirt. Shocked? Some people were shocked. Don't think the coached know that person. Finally our bust came after some waiting. Tired me tried to sleep on the bus but the ventilation was really bad. My head was so pain that I feel like jumping out of the bus. It was a relief after the bus finally reached Pek Kio CC.





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa