Tuesday, July 21, 2009

NDP 2009 NE Show 2

Took the shuttle bus from Pek Kio CC as usual after meeting up with my people at Novena MRT station. Yeetian was late and asked us not to wait for him. Saw him waiting for us at the pit area already when we reached there.

Upon settling down, we started to get our drinks. Mr Bean soya milk! Tried for milo and Old Chang Kee but heard from seniors that they have not start their "business' yet. There was no ice-cream that day though.

Took a walk with Ruiqi and Shuting to around the containers and back. Those containers are where our props are kept. The pit area at the back is allocated to the uniform groups.

Went to take Old Chang Kee and milo once the "business" were started. There's "pie kia"! So cool! Chicken pie! Yummy! Went a few more rounds with Yaxin to take curry puff and fried sotong fishcakes. Yum yum! Thanks Yaxin for helping me to fill my bottle. It's a long queue!

Practised broadsword routine at the white open area with Ruiqi and Shuting. Used the golden cudgel as our "broadswords". Though the "feel" wasn't there, it's safer to an extent. There is however still some "unsafe" components of the cudgel; there was a point when I used too much strength and hit my waist. Bruised I think.

Practising halfway, I saw a squirrel running across the road! That squirrel ran and hop on to the nearby tree with agility. I walked slowly towards the tree and glad that the squirrel didn't spot my presence. One of its eye is white and the other black. Took pictures and videos of it. As I am afraid of scaring the squirrel away, I dare not move an inch! I felt like a statue. The squirrel sure have sharp teeth. It removed a thick layer of tree bark within one minute! Cool! At this point of time, Haojun came over, talking at the same time. I was so afriad that the squirrel would run away from me! Glad that it did not. The squirrel finally ran away after a group of red cross people walked towards my direction, climbing higher up the tree.

Had a little hard time with my phone's camera after it was soaked in the rain last week. Need to shake before I can get the camera to start-up. Hmm.

Two people suddenly came out from nowhere at our "training" area. They wanted to take video. Everybody starts to disppear slowly. William and Christian were "pushed" into the limelight. Kenny was the lucky "winner" to be interviewed. Haha. Slack for a moment and it was dinner time! Tired me was already resting on the floor and did some stretching.

Dinner was generally alright. Food from Singapore Food Industry again. Half a chicken, steamed corn and a bread. How rare that I finished the corn and bread. Ate some of the chicken too. Took the rest of it home. Glad that I didn't waste the food. Felt hungry but doesn't have the appetite. Hmm.

After dinner, we went to the toilet at flyer. Nice ambience. Saw two cute Orang Utan plushies, parent and child, outside one of the offices. First time for me to step into the flyer area. Close look of the flyer capsule was amazing.

We then went to the "training area" to slack. Sitting there was relaxing. The temperature then was not cooling. Practised with my "xuan zi" while slacking. Can't jump a nice one. Thanks Christian and Herchuan for the guidance. Ruiqi and Shuting attempted to take pictures of me in the air but didn't manage to. Jumped too low. Frankly saying, I am not supposed to be jumping with my unrecovered injuries and full stomach.

Heard some shouting of commands so I went over to the flyer to take a look. It's the uncapping ceremony! Wow! Cool! Took video and pictures from a distance away as I dare not go too close. This is my first time watching the uncapping ceremony. I am so happy! That was what I have been hoping to experience but I never thought that I would have the chance!

While taking video of them, the Red Lions jumped down from the helicopter. First time saw how they jump. Cool! They were like small and tiny ants when they first left the helicopter. Went back to the "training area" after the uncapping ceremony. Heard from Ruiqi that two Red Lions collided. Glad that they were safe.

It was then time to change into our costume after seeing the "fireworks" were released at the floating platform. Good cue. We then went to wait at the road as usual. I brought my phone along to take more pictures. Glad that I took a video of the F-16s. I think it's my fatigue. I seems to not encode that I just saw the flypast into my brain. I knew that I saw the flypast, but in my mind there was actually a question; what's the route of the planes?

Looked through the video that I just took and analyse the route so that I can take a better video for the next show. After a moment, we started to walk over to the floating platform. I really enjoy the walk with the accompaniment of the sea breeze.

Reached the floating platform at an even later time than the previous show. Once I saw the enthusiasm kids, I somehow felt energised a little. Singing and humming the songs while we were walking to the backstage. I am happy that I managed to take a picture of the baskhar dancers dancing in the grids. I was afraid that they have left the grids already when we reached there as we went there relatively later. Cool. I took really a lot more pictures, including the backstage. Nice.

Ran out to Gate 1 after our routine as usual. I wonder why there was a crash this time; another group of performers were running from Gate 6 while we were running to exit. I don't remember that they were there for the preview show. Hmm. Anyway, I felt stitch at my left waist again. Guess I really need to do some warm-up.

We walked over to Gate 6 through another route for our finale. We took the aisle in the middle of the inner and outer gates. Saw some VIP ushers I guess. They stood in a human line. Getting ready? Now it really makes me consider whether I still want to be a VIP usher for NDP.

Waited for a while before we go out for finale. Took Shuting's last tissue paper, felt a little bad about it. Hope she didn't need any after that. That middle aisle made our walk a lot smoother than before as it was more spacious for us. No traffic jam and there wasn't any need for us to squeeze and run.

I am hands-free as Shuyan didn't turn up for the show. I am the one who usually took her helmet and cudgel. Went up to the stage happily for our finale. MA16. Yes! Clapped and wave throughout. Can't remember the moves that were taught. All of us just have fun!

Took video of the fireworks. Jeremy and Christian kept disturbing me, skipping in front of my camera. I took the pledge and national anthem with pride. Wanted to turn my head to see the fireworks while I was singing the national anthem, Christian used his hand to block my view. Alright, my fault.

After the dispersal, we practised our moves for the finale. We had guidance this time. "Secret" weapon. There's a person standing on top of the control room. Can't really see that person properly though. All we have to do is to follow the person's action. I find that person's actions not that clear and coordinated too. There were times when it was too slow and suddenly too fast. Weird. Hope that I can memorise the steps so that I can have eye-contact with the audience rather than having my eyes fixed on that mysterious person. Eye-contact with the audience looks way nicer and it will be a better experience for both the audience and performers.

After the practise, I am glad that it was a short one, we waited for our turn to be released. Martial House was not the last one but was still one of the last few. Wushan played a song that I liked! Thanks for bluetoothing to me so I can enjoy the song when I want to!

Finally it was our turn to walk back to flyer. Lots of crap by Haojun. He was still with his "squirrel stuffs".

I chose to follow the bus back to Pek Kio CC as I do not want the situation of the last show to happen again; missing the bus because I was short. Waited rather long for the bus. According to Guangyao coach, there was a traffic jam. Felt hungry but the Sunshine bread was all gave out. Hmm. We sat at one area far from our reporting area to wait again. Suddenly, an army guy brought two boxes saying that it was for martial house. Curious me wondered what was it. After the brown wrapper was torn, bars of Cadbury dairy milk chocolate was taken out. It wasn't a lot but surprising enough. Wow. As there wasn't enough to go around initially, Shunlong said that one bar have to be shared among four person. I continued staring into the thin air, thinking that there wouldn't be any for me. I was lucky to have a bar left for me after the distribution. Happy! Thank you! I think I was so tired that I forgot to receive it with both hands. Think I forgot to smile too. Sorry!

The chocolates were just out of the fridge. Cold and wet. I like the new packaging that is made of a thin cardboard so that it will not crush so easily in my bag.

The buses allocated to us finally arrived. We walked almost back to our reporting area to board the bus. While leaving the waiting area, I heard one army guy saying "ya, this is martian house". Martian house? Haha!

Tired me slept throughout the whole trip. Took my bus home after alighting at Pek Kio CC. Am glad that the bus was not packed. I managed to find myself a seat too.





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa