Tuesday, July 14, 2009

NDP 2009 NE Show 1

Wore my new black shoe to perform. Kind of happy that it was drizzling while I was walking to the MRT station; I enjoy being in the rain. Holding on to my costume and squeeze into the packed train is not easy. Need to check on my costume constantly to make sure that the clippers were still keeping my costume in place and the hanger was not turning here and there. Met up with my people as usual and walked over to Pek Kio CC.

Reported to the same area at the F1 pit as usual. Alighting the bus, there was two guys standing near the exit of the temperature-taking tent distributing ice-cream. Took one chocolate flavoured ice-cream. All the cones in the box were of chocolate flavour. Walked past the person and did not take initially. Felt a little craving for it so I went back to take. The person accompanying the person who was distributing the cones was funny. He laughed at me and say "see, ask you to take already!" Haha.

Upon settling down, it was lunch time! We got some variety this round. Chicken rice, fish and chips, and somehing else. Three in total. Ate my ice-cream first before having my fish and chips. Dessert before main course. How rare of me. Tearing away the wrapper, I found out that my ice-cream had melted. Took my favourite Mr Bean soya milk while I was eating my ice-cream to save time. Went out and sit outside with my fellow people for our lunch later on as it was a little stuffy inside. Fengwei gave me lots of "presents" for all the "holidays" throughout the year. Haha.

After that, it was time for those whose costume have problems were to queue up to have it fixed. What a long queue! Almost all the people went to queue up. There was only one person who was doing the fixing. Since I doesn't have to queue up as my costume was alright, I went to take my Old Chang Kee and Milo. Wonder whether I went there late, the door of Old Chang Kee's van was closed. So I proceeded to collect my milo. Guess what, mine was really thick. The reason was that it was the base of the milo. Finishing soon too.

Took another ice-cream and went to consume it at the small platform outside gate 6 that I usually would sit. It was hot but there's ventilation. Christian was doing his stunts there; wushu's and MJ's.

Tried to study a little here and there. I kept moving around as it was very hot. Study inside the pit and outside the pit. Didn't get much into my brain as I wasn't able to concentrate. Parvin called and I chatted a ltitle with her. Shared my enthusiasm. While chatting, I say people taking Old Chang Kee. I went ot take a look. Wow! Long queue! They were distributing food! Yes! I went to join in the queue and took a mushroom chicken puff. Curry puff wasn't available. The milo truck was not there, saw it leaving earlier. Went back to share the good news that there's food.

Took two strawberry flavoured ice-cream. One for Yaxin and one for myself. Yes! I was aiming for the strawberry ice-cream. Have a "shopping" trip with her later on. Snapping pictures here and there. Fun! Drank 3 cups of milo and 2 cups soya milk I think. Can't remember. The conclusion was that I ate till I was very full and was unable to consume my dinner. The weather was so hot that I was almost "drinking" my strawberry ice-cream.

After so much eating, I became tired. Sat down with them at the queue. Tried to doze a little. After a while, our dinner was served. Hot pizzas! I didn't eat any as I was very full. Wasted. First time that I got hot pizza for NDP yet I wasn't able to eat.

After some time, the weather was not that hot. It even started to drizzlefor a moment. Went out to chill out after Ruiqi and Shuting had their costumes fixed. We were just in time to see the Red Lions in action! Cool! After that, it was time for us to change into our costume and get ready for the show!

I decided to bring my phone along. We gathered on the road as usual. Took a picture of myself in my costume with the lights on. The lights seems to be rather faint. Hmm. Anwyay, I am so happy that I got to video down the F-16s flypast. Located the position where I would see them during CR3, I find myself a good spot and waited for the planes to come. And as usual, we start marching to the floating platform after the flypast. Heard the "bombs". How I wish I could see it too instead of just hearing.

Upon reaching the promenade, I finally get to see the ushers' uniform. Personally, I prefer last year's design. I saw primary 5 kids running around too. It somehow reminded me of last year.

Besides from singing while I walked towards the backstageas usual, I snapped more pictures this time too. Wanted to take a pciture of the big dolls but they moved out before my camera got ready. Hmm. Saw the bhaskar people dancing in the grids but I did not dare to stop to take a picture. Hmm. Their costume is nice! We stayed at the tent for a while and it was our turn to be on stage!

There were two staircases for us to go up this time. Way faster. Put on my helmet and dida last testing for the lights on my costume. I was totally shocked when I switched the lights on. The lights did not light up! I kept hitting the batteries and did a few tries. The light just would not light up. How great was that. No choice. Ran out when the gates opened. I was so happy when I ran out. The audiences cheered so loudly for us! This somehow provided me with some strength.

I keep having to adjust my helmet as I wasn't able to breathe normally. Those actions of adjustments sure does not contribute positively to the performance. Doing the last pose for the flag routine, I chuckled. I was really happy. I didn't really looked out for the fireworks given out by the general near me. Ran out after lights out and felt stitch on the left side of my abdomen again. Guess I really need ot do some warm-up.

Upon exiting from gate 1. Shuyan told me that the helmet and cudgel that I was holding was hers. I was shocked when I saw her face. She sweated a lot! I was joking that she just washed her face in the Singapore River. Haha. Everybody who saw her was shocked too. Haha.

We then walked to gate 6 to prepare for the finale. There were other performers infront of us this time. No one entered from the steps infront of the stage this time. Didn't get my MA16. Hmm. A little stoned on stage though I tried to sway with the music. Singing halfway, big raindrops started hitting us. It turned into a heavy downpour within seconds. Happy! Everyone seemed to be very high-spirited out of a sudden. I sang the national anthem and took the pledge with pride. Rain water was entering my mouth while I was singing. Haha! Guess it was the first time that I got myself officially drenched.

I was taking videoes and snapping pictures while it was raining. My phone was drenched too! After the singing session, it's party time! The guys were doing their wushu stunts, splashing rain water here and there. Wanted to collect rain water with my helmet to splash people but the rain wasn't heavy enough. Joked with Herchuan and Haojun that it was a good time to shoot the "Herchuan's brand shampoo" commercial. Haha.

Got dispersal instructions after a while. I wonder why 20SA and martial house were asked to be the last to leave. Same as CR3. Hmm. We then walked down the steep slope to the tent at backstage. Stood there for almost an hour before the heavy downpour turned into drizzle. Had some fun within that hour. More snapping of pictures! Seniors did their mass "ba ji quan" in that small and squeezy area, catching attention of some NDP backstage workers. Christian as usual, did his MJ's moves. He taught me how to do the moonwalk too. Haha. After some moments of "high-ness", my energy was drained. My leg still hurts. Still can't stand for too long. So I squatted down and try to doze a little. The floor was too wet for me to take a seat. Thank you Haojun, Herchuan and Wushan for the concern. They thought that I was too cold.

Wenhui, my sparring partner came to look for me with a red heart-shaped later on. She gave that to me! So happy! =D Took a picture with her with that balloon. First picture that I ever took with her.

Start moving back to the F1 pit after the rain stopped. Took another steep slope. Packed our bag and set off for home. It was raining again. Drizzling. I decided to make my way home myself instead of going back to Pek Kio CC. Only this way that I would be able to have a seat on the bus. My leg was especially pain after soaking in the water for so long. Waited at the bus-stop near flyer. Overheard someone saying that the road was blocked so I made my way to the next bus-stop.

Missed one bus as I was opposite the road. Hmm. So I stood there and waited for the next one. Saw that the army guys were working really hard to restore the traffic. After moving the barriers, they were told to gather. The in-charge shouted really loud though. After they were released, the whole mass of them walked infront of me to another side of the platform. And this was the time when my bus arrived! I quickly stick out my hand and wave but the bus-driver looked straight and went pass me. My jaws almost dropped to the floor! As there was nothing that I can do about it, I waited for the next bus. This took me another 30 minutes. I waited for a total of almost an hour. Pathetic.

I reached home at around 12.30am. First time ever that I reached home so late. Mum made ginger tea for me to drink and ginger water for me to soak my leg. So sweet. =)

I seems to not have everything encoded into my mind. I wonder why.





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa