Sunday, November 01, 2009

Colour of Joy

There were way many people for this event as compared to last year. I remembered that I stood at the back to take pictures and there were lots of empty seats behind. Yesterday's respond was rather overwhelming. It was almost full house.

Helped out as VIP usher initially. There were some problems that need some intervention. Due to last minute changes in hirer's instructions on the VIP seats, we have to look out for people holding the VIP tickets that were entering the house. Some disputes occurred but it was settled before the event commences. I dealt with one dispute. For a moment, I felt that I was so great that I managed to settle something. Wanted to help out at the other area but I decided not to in the end as I was not sure of what really had happened.

Took my position when the event commences. The biggest challenge of the day was crowd control. Initially I thought that I would get back my old position at Door 4. I surprisingly got Door 2. Not very used to it but I was happy that I got a new challenge - crowd control. Parents will tend to rush forward to the front of the stage.

Things were generally alright as the emcee did her part for crowd control. Parents were rushing forward when the performance ended. I needed manpower then. As I have to stop people from going up the stage through the stairs, I was not able tostop one parent from climbing up onto the stage. Her action totally shocked me. Anyway, there is still room for improvement for the crowd control. More information regarding how the event is going to be should be told to us earlier as well. I was at a fix of what to do when a parent just took the child away from the stage. Furthermore, another kid just jumped down from the stage. How is the attendance system of the teacher going to be? I believe that improvement is needed here. More emphasis is of course needed to be done by the emcee.

Poppers were released at the end of the concert just like last year's. Nice. I like the poppers. The bad part was that the technical crews will have to work a little harder as they have to clear those "ribbons" that were stucked at the spotlights on the ceiling.





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa