Monday, November 09, 2009

Informatics Graduation 2009

Took a new route to work, walked some distance before taking a bus that would being me to the bus-stop right outside of my workplace. I am really lucky that my bus came rather soon or I may be late. Seeing the floating platform brightens me up a little.

I got a position that I haven't got for one year -- outside door 3. I was hoping to witness the graduation ceremony though. Since it wasn't a position that I always get, I accepted it. Furthermore, BT said that there would be a change for the second shift. Well, though it wasn't much, I got to have some chat with BT though there were times that I feel awkward. I did take some peeks once in a while. There was once that I heard the edited version "twinkle twinkle little stars" being played while the certificates were presented to the graduates. BT was a little puzzled to see me coming out of the house laughing.

It was a hectic day. Timings for the two shifts were so close that we may not even have time for our lunch. Glad that it turned out that we managed to have our one hour lunch. For me, I think half an hour will do. Weixuan helped us to buy our lunch so that we don't have to make a trip to the nearest market which requires us to walk quite a long distance. I was really reluctant to walk that distance as my ankle was hurting again. Yummy char siew rice was my lunch.

Weixuan bought some nice soya tarts to treat us too. Not bad though. I like the crust a lot. I find the filling a little bland though.

It was a nice chat with Jiewei after eating. Went to take a walk as I can't stand the cigarette smoke. Found some seats near the carpark that I never knew they exist. It was the start of work after the chat. I hid at the toilet to chat after returning back to the loading bay. Seeing that the rest were still slacking, I just continued my chat. I was shocked when I saw all of them ready to go up when I went out of the toilet. Helped Jiewei to say "hi" to the rest by shouting "Jiewei say hi" while I rush to get my vest and walkie talkie. BT said something really lame later on. It sounds like me talking to another girl is something that is wrong.

Same position again. Only a few got a change in the position. Guess I was tired, I did not have as much strength as the morning shift to tear the tickets. My swollen left thumb was a hindrance too. Thanks for Weixuan's help to tear the tickets so that I can managed to clear the crowd in time.

Once the event started, it was time for me to get too work -- counting of ticket stubs. Hated it as I have to bend my back to count the stubs on the table that was rather low. Felt some tension in my neck muscles after counting the stubs. My neck felt so "sour".

Stood there and waited for late comers. I felt so lethargic. There were two patrons that came really late. It was around five minutes before the ceremony ends. It was the rushing out of the patrons later on.

Looking at the crowd that was gushing out of the house, something funny happened. There was this guy holding a bear wrapped in a red bouquet. He came up to me and actioned to give it to me. I stared at the bear and then looked up at him with a puzzled expression. He pulled his arms back and walked off. Shocked. I don't even know who he is. Dots.

After the clearance of the patrons, it was the clearance of the graduates that stayed behind for the photoshoot. Took a seat near door three to prevent people from exiting from there as the graduates were to exit from door four. It was a long wait before the debrief.

Gathering for debrief, there were some weird stuffs found while the routine checks were done. What I can say was that this event is rather different from the rest that I have attended. It was really a new experience for me.

I tidied up my 6-in-1 locker before going off. It makes me feel good to have some space made in my locker.





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa