Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Three Suona Virtuosos

It was really a great experience for me. This was my first time being the in-charge. As there were lack of people and due to some last minute changes, I finally got my chance to be the in-charge. A little shocked. I was a little scared too as it was an SCO event. As there wasn't much instructions given to me to tell me what to do, I have to ask around. I asked a backstage guy that seems quite friendly. He told me what to do and even help me inform the stage manager that I was supposed to alias with. He told the stage manager that it was my first time being an in-charge. Guess he some sort of hinted him that I amy be blur. The stage manager was nice too.

I didn't get to watch much of the concert as I had to run about. The soloists were really great. Awesome! Suona is not an instrument that is easy to control. The soloist played them like it's so simple. Wow! They can go from at least fortissimo to pianissimo. Cool!

Frankly saying, I still can't fully appreciate suona pieces yet. Maybe soon? It was quite a "good" training I guess. Though I was the in-charge, I still worked together with the rest. I don't feel much difference from them, besides from the fact that I had to run about. More freedom I guess?

Autographs, a lady at the counter helped me to get. I was so happy. The clearance took quite some time as the queue for the autograph was rather long.

I did made some mistakes for the day but generally it was alright. I forgot to place stoppers and place the stuffs in the storeroom. I felt so great that I placed the signages at door two and four though no one taught me to. I had learned a lot about how the show was carried out with such precised communication. It was a great teamwork.





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa