Friday, November 06, 2009

Kathina Day 2009

Took some putu mayam as breakfast upon reaching the temple. It has been some time since I last ate putu mayam. Nice. There were the beancurd and soya milk, fried noodles and fried kway teow. I just took the soya milk and the putu mayam. Yummy.

Went to kowtow to the buddhas before proceeding to the hall for the chantings. Squeezy. I was smiling happily when I heard the clappings -- the Thailand people has arrived!

After the chantings, it was lunch time. Vegetarian food. I chose the same area to take a seat as last year as I want to have a close look at the "money tree". I took a photo of the tree as it looks very different frome last year's -- there were pens, notebook, and a few boxes of toothpaste that were attached onto the tree as well besides from money. I saw a $50 note on the top of the tree too! A guy was going around with some satay sticks, distributing to people who wanted to put their money on the "tree" as well.

When I was about to leave the temple, I kowtow to the buddhas at the first floor as I was not able to do in the morning due to the crowd. I saw the person holding hte money tree coming. Upon reaching the door of the hall, he used it to hit the ceiling of the temple a few times, shouting things like "huat ah!" as he does that. Cool.

Here's a picture of the "money tree". It seems to be a good harvest this year.



Before leaving the temple, I got myself a "dot" on my forehead. There were two Indian guys at the Elephant Buddha "station", one giving away sweets, raisins and flowers while the other put "dots" on people's head. I wonder if that "dot" is called "putu". Hmm.





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa