Wednesday, April 01, 2009

SYF Central Judging 2009 - Concert Band - Day 1 and 2

Totally tired myself out for these two days of work. It's really tiring standing the whole day. But I did enjoy myself working even though there were some unpleasant situations.

First day was really chaotic. There was only one session announcement of results. The house was almost flooded with people. Students didn't stay at their allocated seats and some teachers have different instructions for their school. My job was to allocate seats for the school. It's challenging when they keep shifting.

It's my first time giving late-comers queue. Only till the conductor leave the stage that the queue can be given. It somehow make me feel confused when the conductor stayed on the stage.

The "shh-ing" and clapping games were played. It's more of the "shh-ing" than clapping. The whole house was "shh-ing' away. it's some sort of a psychological thing that one starts to "shh", a few will follow and all will start "shh-ing' away.

Second day was alright. Gained experience from the first day. I had the same jobscope of tearing tickets, guiding patrons and allocating seats for the students. Some students were not cooperative though. Anyway, I am so glad that what I have learned from NDP was somehow useful.

The clapping game was played on the second day. As long as someone walks in the house, the people will clap. Self-entertainment. One colleague only walked two steps from door three and there goes a round of applause. The people were clapping like mad even though he just took two steps and stood there. Haha. I laughed till I squat on the floor. Not very professional of me. Haha.

I am really tired out as I met Jiewei after the first day of work and had training after the second day of work. Marathon huh. Haha. I am really glad that I got to met Jiewei after one long day of work. It somehow brighten me up. Haha. As for the training, it's at YuHua. I reached home at 12am plus. Asked my auntie to rest at home yet she still went to wait for me at somewhere near the bus-stop. Touched.

Some observations of the bands. Before the whole band play the first note, some took a breath so organised and loud that it's some sort of weird to hear "hurrrl..". Haha. The joints of my legs are painful as I stood too long and didn't walk much. Earned myself a bruise yesterday while I attempted to help a patron to open the door. Quite nice of her to apologise to me later on when she came back as she somehow pushed my hand against the other door. Ouch. I think she wanted to rush to the toilet as she was coughing quite heavily.

Generally, both days were alright and I quite enjoy working for SYF. It's really a new experience for me. =)





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa