Friday, April 17, 2009

NYP SHS Orientation 2009

Finally the show was brought to an end after so much hard work and effort put in by everyone. The tears, the sweat, the stress – it’s all over. Hopefully there are no more sleepless nights. Having so much stuffs on mind concurrently is energy draining. Wushu grading, wushu notice board, club crawl, NDP, SHS orientation... It’s a great success to me even though there were "hiccups". What skeptics say doesn’t really matters; I have learnt a lot from this event.

I didn’t really have a good sleep the night before. Woke up early and reached school before sunrise. Thanks to Auntie Mui for the car ride! I reached school before 6.30am and as usual, I can’t manage to catch the sunrise as the doors to the offices and tutorial rooms were locked. Went down to the LT-K area to distribute the capes to the orientation group leaders (OGLs) right after putting my bag in the clubroom. I didn’t realize that I took over Sharin’s job till he thanked Faizah, Grace and me during the debrief.

Took some chocolate tarts, drank a cup of coffee and rest for a while before proceeding to the auditorium. What a pity that I missed the performance by the StageArts. Heard that the show was very nice. Grace and my walk-in was alright. Glad that I don’t have any stage-fright while I was talking on stage.
It’s a pity that Grace and I were blocked for the mass picture taking on stage. Oh well.. Anyway, what really matters is what I have learnt and experienced.

I ran around to check and make sure that things were going on smoothly. The walking around sure is straining for my ankle. I am totally exhausted after the first shift. Went to Wushu clubroom from time to time to provide some help for XinXin for the noticeboard. Asked help from Kenny and Shenhui, as one game in-charge (GIC) needs to go off to see a teacher. I can't stay there stationary. Glad that both of them agreed without heasitation. Thanks a lot guys! =D

My game "shape yourselves" didn't go about as planned. Guess there was some lack in explanations in the proposal. Oh well, can't really expect much for last minute work.

Wanted to go on stage for the sing-along session but I am just too exhausted. It's only when the music was about to end then I feel a little high-spirited to join in. The effects of the music huh. Haha.

Thank you Jovin and Faizah for helping me to take and safekeep my goodie bag. I wanted an OGL t-shirt but it was out of stock when Jovin went to check. Glad that I at least got a freshmen's t-shirt. ^^





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa