Friday, April 24, 2009

Club Crawl 2009

From this event, I have learnt quite a number of things. It's not solely the actual days but the preparations as well.

Thank you XinXin for putting in so much effort for the noticeboard, helping me all she can as I was busy with SHS orientation. Thank you Serene for sticking my portion of flyers. Thanks for the unhesitating help! =D

For both actual days, I have totally neglected SHS academic club even though I wore the club t-shirt to school. Upon reaching wushu booth, I have to change to my wushu uniform. Thanks to my brother for the hoodie that I can run freely to class and to the sports hall.

For the performance, it's very messy on the first day. First time performing in a restricted area of space; there were the floorball barriers around the performance area. The entrance of the performance area was also mixed up. We were blur too due to some last minute changes to our formation before the performance. As the space was limited, I almost hit the barrier once. In short, it's a total mess. It was a lot better on the second day as we rehearsed on the previous night with the performing area familiarised.

Anyway, I performed with confidence on both days. I wonder why the performance time was rather short though. Hmm.

What a pity that I couldn't watch my brother perform as his item was right before mine. As he was performing, I am suppose to get ready for my performance. Thanks Haojun for helping me to take some shots of my brother's performance with my 2.0 megapixs handphone on the second day. Haha. Was a little shocked when I saw the backview of chinese orchestra performing while I was getting ready for my performance on the first day. The environment sure is not that conducive for chinese orchestra music; the melody is not clearly heard.

I am glad that I didn't really missed a lot of lessons because of the performance. Missed the back part of statistics lecture and the front part of national education lecture. Haha.

Wushu's booth was at second floor this year. Not much fengshui. The constant going up and down sure strained my leg. I did walked around to give away pamphlets and try get some names. It's straining to my leg too. What's puzzling is that people seems to be scared of my group of people when we approached them. It's kind of demoralising when faced with continuous rejects. I think it's my fatigue; I doesn't hold the confidence in me when I talked.

I was glad that I managed to catch some performances on the second day, seeing the various talents of the polytechnic.





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa