Friday, December 26, 2008

Home Sweet Christmas

Only three ushers that worked for yesterday's event. Glad that there were around 30 ushers provided by the organiser to aid in the event. They really helped me a lot even though some had somehow blocked my way.

I am in-charge of the elderly and physically challenged audience. Quite liked my jobscope as I can train myself to deal with problems.

One old lady gave me a shock when I opened the doors. She grabbed my hand and gave me a handshake. What a rare case. She shook my hand and wished me "merry christmas". So nice of her. She also went around to greet other people "merry christmas". I can see the spirit of sharing her joy in her. I was really shocked as I was busy running around, making sure that things that should be done were done, when she grabbed my hand out of the blue.

I didn't push any of the wheelchair bound patrons. Glad that the ushers provided by the organiser helped me as I don't think I have the strength to push them. I don't have the skills to push a wheelchair correctly yet.

The musical was quite nice. The idea was rather good. It's about how some Singaporean dislike foreigners and how bad this attitude is. The songs were rather nice too. The voices of the singers were nice too. It's quite an enjoyable event for me as the patrons were rather cooperative.

The patrons were nice but the pastor was not. After the event, there were chocolate given out to the audience. The emcee did mention that they were going to give the audience the chocolates but there were to consume them outside the house. That pastor however did not cooperate with me. His son, who was in his arm, was consuming that chocolate inside the house. I told him nicely that he has to consume that outside but he merely ignored me, saying "I just want to makesure that everybody is leaving". =.= He then stood there and allowed his son to continue to consume that chocolate for fifthteen minutes. =.= Oh well..

After my colleague and I were dismissed, we went to join in the buffet provided, settling our lunch for the day. The caterer was from Shangri-la Hotel! Nice and tasty foods! ^^ There's pizza, spaghetti, turkey, ham, chicken, prawns, salad, chocolate fountain, fruits, fruit tarts, log cakes and many more. I became high-spirited suddenly after seeing the foods.

The ham tastes really nice. Not too fatty and it's quite chewy. The spaghetti is quite healthy as it is mushroom spaghetti. There were choices for pizzas but I chose Hawaiian as usual. The best part is the DESSERTS. This is the first time that I ate fruits dunk in chocolate fountain. Yummy! The chocolate is really rich in taste. There were vanilla and chocolate log cakes for me to choose from. I chose the chocolate log cake as my plate was full. I would have asked for one slice of each if my plate was bigger. Haha.

I ate till I am so full before taking two packs of spaghetti and headed home. The people there were packing the foods into plastic bags and were giving them out. Since they gave it to me, I just took it without hestitation.

I have enjoyed myself for this event. What a different way to spend the Christmas holiday. =)





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa