Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!

I woke up in the morning with Auntie Mui's loud greeting of 'happy birthday' to make "tang yuan" yesterday as Grandma decided to do offerings a day earlier. It's "dong zhi" today. Making "tang yuan" sure is fun. The "tang yuan" made by me looks like chocolate. Here's a picture of it.



Making it round is not that easy and neither is it that hard. Watched a TV programme on "tang yuan" on Monday and learned a little technique to make it round. Haha.

I then ate lunch and watched my favourite show, "The New Adventures of Robinhood" while waiting Grandma to cook the "tang yuan". I like drinking the soup because it's really sweet. It's the coconut sugar that made the soup taste so sweet.



That is the picture of the nice bowl of "tang yuan" that I ate after the offerings. Umm-mm.

Went shopping at Orchard with Jiewei after that as I was feeling a little bored and was craving for my favourite pop-doh's donuts. Thank you Jiewei for the donuts! ^^ She insisted on buying the donuts for me so I let her pay in the end. So paisei. =3

There were lots of activities taking place at Orchard as it'sthe Christmas season. We saw people dressed up in costumes and groups of people carolling along the streets. There were one group of guys who were dressed up in the ancient Britain's armour that marched from Plaza SIngapura to Ngee Ann City. They were holding advertisements banners and were giving out flyers. Cool. They reminded us of the show that is going to be shown on TV tonight, the 黄金甲. Haha. There were also performing groups that performed along the streets. Korean, Japanese, Malaysians and many more. Lots of people are crowding around, grabbing a chance to take a picture with those people who are in the nice costumes.

Besides from the activities that light up my eyes, the beautiful decorations has also made my eyes light up. This is the first time that I went out celebrating my birthday with a friend. Here are the pictures!



This is so-call the 'entrance' that greets people who are entering Orchard road through vechicles.





The christmas tree and mistletoe is decorated with sweet looking candies. I really feel like plucking them out and eat it. Haha.



Besides from mouth-drooling christmas tree, there are also other types of christmas tree that are quite creative. Here is one that is made up of teddy bears! So cute! ^^

I would like to thank my family for the well wishes and presents! Thank you Jiewei for accompanying me out and wished me in four different ways. Lol! Thank you Fadhil, Grace, Parvin, Xiuhui, Shaun, Serene, Joycelyn, and Asyiqin for the wishes too! ^^





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa