Saturday, November 22, 2008

Yum Cha

After the lecture at school, the class have to proceed to the centre for radiation protection for a visit. There is a two and a half hour break for the class to have lunch and go over the the centre. I went to yum-cha at Chinatown with 6 of my classmates for lunch. Didn't really chose to go there, just followed my classmates. Haha.

The music there is alright. Neither do I like it nor do I detest it. Chinese classicals were played but not all are played Chinese instruments. It would be a lot nicer if the music were genuine Chinese classical music pieces.

We are first served with tea. One of my classmate ordered "kou-po". The taste is quite good. It smells nice too. According to that classmate, it is the mixture of chrysanthemum with another type of tea.



While we were deciding what to order, the waitress push a cart with some mini egg tarts and mini Char Siew rolls to our table and ask us what we want.



Here are some some pictures of the food that I have ate.



This is the fisrt "dim sum" that I ate. it's call the "ha gao". The fillings is basically made up of prawns. This "ha gao" contains two tiny prawns inside. The prawns taste fresh and chewy. Yum-yum. One classmate tried throwing it onto her plate and it did not smash. The quality of this "ha gao" is quite high. Haha.



This si the fried "ha gao". Not really different from the "ha gao" just that it is fried. The mayonnaise for us to dip have some fruits included. Interesting.



This is the prawn "chee cheong fan". Two tiny prawns are wrapped up in the middle of the "chee cheong fan" just like the "ha gao". I have also ate the roasted pork "chee cheong fan". Didn't took a picture of it because I thought it was the same as the prawn "chee cheong fan" initially. Both taste quite good. But I prefer theone filled the chewy with prawns.



This carrot cake taste very different from what I usually eat. The taste is marvellous. As I only took a little, I can't really describe a lot about it. Took very little cos there is only one to be shared among seven people. Not bad that I got to taste everything ordered except the porridge.



This is the "shui jing bao" or "crystal pau" that looks a lot like the China "tang bao" that is basically a bun that is filled with meat and soup. Wanting to see what is inside the bun, I took a small bite that the soup spilled out! It really taste like the "tang bao". Haha. Feel a little wasted as some of the soup spilled on the table. The skin is not really that tasty. Maybe it is due to that I didn't eat it while it was still hot. The meat and the soup is really sweet. *Slurps*



These are the "siew mai". The one on the right is seldom found at other places. They are the same as the one on the left just that there are some vegetables added. The meat is neither "over-smashed" nor "under-smashed".



The last "dim sum" that I ate was this. I do not know the name. It's fried and what's inside are yam. It looks quite like the China's national stadium, "bird nest". Haha.

There is something cute on the table too. Forgot to take a picture of it. It is something that one press to call the waiter or waitress. Quite interesting. This trip has allowed me to gain new experiences as this is the first time that I went to a restaurant for lunch. This is also the first time that I went to a restaurant with my classmates instead of my family.

We split the cost and it turned out to be cheaper than the buffet rate. What really matters is that all of us got to have enough to eat till we are full at a relatively affordable price. =)





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa