Friday, November 14, 2008

Man vs. Machine

This is the event that made me sacrifice my job to give out funpacks on the first NE show. Chose to attend this event as I feel that it's a good chance for the NYP wushu people to bond. I have gained myself a little knowledge on how a show is being produced. I have also learned that there is a place call Pek Kio Community Club (CC). Haha. Heard that this place used to be Dewu's headquarter and Shifu's house is just right opposite this CC.

Commenting on the show, I feel that the male representative from the machine-made dumpling is kind in his words. The lady-boss of the hand-made dumpling is a little too proud. But her dumplings are comparatively tastier as there is a little mixture of fat meat. The machine-made dumpling contains a little too much pepper. Even though my part was cut off, I am glad that I got to take a picture with the host. The experience is of course what is most important.

Rushed like mad to the Marina Promenade after the event. Thanks to Edward for helping me to bring back the uniform so that I can attend my NE show hands-free. Thanks for making a special trip to pass it back to me on Monday too.

As I have not bought my uniform at the time of filming, I borrowed it from a wushu mate who is not attending this event. Thanks to her that I can attend this event and of course, not forgetting another wushu mate who helped me to borrowed the uniform. Some of the people are curious about who is the person that I borrowed the uniform from. Well, it's a secret. =)

Anyway, for this event, I didn't have my lunch as I want to reach the clubroom in time. Seniors will be bringing us to the CC as we do not know where is the place. I ate two dumplings from each from the both the blue and red plate. Four dumplings with no water that last me till I reach Marina Promenade. I rocks.

By the way, the dumpling here refers "jiao zi" (饺子), not "zong zi" (粽子). Ths joke made by Jiangda is still hilarious: Eating dumpling (zongzi) on mid-autumn festival; 中秋节吃粽子. Haha!





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa