Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Butterfly Lovers Legacy

I worked two days for this event. Glad that I got different jobscopes for two days. The violinist is really superb. I can see that she was very engross in the concerto that she was performing. The whole event was very creative! The performers actually walked around the audience seats to provide a new musical experience. I can see that the audeince were awed by the performances.

I didn't watch the whole performance on the first day as I was one of the "flower girl". My job was to present bouquets of flowers to the composer for the first item and the violinist for the last item. My friend who was also a "flower girl" was very nervous at the backstage while I feel rather relaxed. I start to feel nervous as I was pushed out onto the stage! The original cue was for me to wait. But there was some last minute changes that the "flowers presentation" in-charge had to push me onto the stage. Lucky that I get to manage everything well.

Another reason that caused me to miss out some of the performance was that I had to walk one big round before reaching my assigned position as it's not nice to walk infront of the audience. It's a total new experience for me though. Even though it's the same old position that I have been assigned for a few events, the something new forme to learn is to take the special route.

I was assigned to help in the autograph session after presenting the flowers to the violinist, missing the live performance of the encore piece. Got to hear outside the house as there are speakers around. I still prefer listening to music pieces live. I get to listen to the music pieces while I was at the backstage too. But it was also through the speakers.

After the people attending the autograph session has left, I was so happy that I got to have a chance to take a picture with the violinist! =D

I tried to get the VIP's autograph on the second day but too bad that I can't find any house menu left. Well, at least I got to take a picture with the violinist on the first day.

I watched most of the performance on the second day. Missed out a little bit as I had to go to somewhere quiet in order to listen to the instructions given.

Most of the patrons were nice except for a few. The charm of this performance is so great that it's almost full house for both days. There are even extra seats added on the second day. The crowd was so overwhelming that I was almost flattened by them while they were entering the house. I was constantly being pushed around during the autograph session.

For this event, I finally got my chance to direct patrons in-house and trip tickets on both days respectively. This is my first event of a musical concert after joining the organisation and I really enjoy it. =)





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa