Friday, November 05, 2010

ICAS 2010

I was so glad that I got the chance to be the in-charge finally after so long. It was a good thing for that day too as it was a short event. Being the in-charge allowed me to earn a little more.

Being a "three plus one" attendance, I really have to work very hard. I ran up and down to carry the queue poles and place the signages. I do not want to throw jobs to Shihui and Jeanie because I am a nice in-charge. I was panting away when I finally enter the house.

As I was not briefed much on what was going to happen, I approached the hirer for more information. She was a very nice lady who explained what she wanted with patience.

We had quite some time to rest till doors open. As this was my next event after the incident, the lazy colleague pretended to be a righteous person and did her best to crawl over my head. Throwing her at the even doors, I sorted out the door 3 deployment with Shihui and Jeanie, letting them choose where they want to be. My mind was rather blank at that moment, not knowing how I should deploy.

I was really glad that Shihui was with me as her brain really works very fast. Facing some miscommunication of instructions from the hirer, things only went smooth after a while. Warm-up warm-up.

It was a rather relaxing event as there were ushers for the prize recipients. All Shihui and Jeanie have to do was to guide them to the right doors and ask the guests to take the elevated seats.

Upon commencement of the event, I sat outside door three and update Jeanie on what happened. Jeanie told me a Chinese proverb, "害人之心不可有,防人之心不可无".

After the event, I quickly get hold of the hirer to get her signature and the programmes for the office records. Promoting University of New South Wales, she gave me some of the leftover goodie bags and pens.

After the event, it was time to debrief as usual. Asking whether there was any feedback and had no particular big issues, we left the house for the loading bay. After submitting all the required documents to EeYin and finish the administrative works, Shihui, Jeanie and I went to have our meal with the buffet provided for the guests.

There was not much left when we reched there. We took a little of everything to try. I aimed for the desserts. I tried to eat as much as possible as I was going out with Pei Fen later on. I left my stuffs in the locker as well in order to lighten my weight.

The chitchat session with Shihui and Jeanie was great. I love it totally. It was the last week of work for Shihui. How I wish that she can stays on so that we can have more of this session.

Accompanying them to the MRT station, I walked around while I waited to meet Pei Fen. She came rather late as I was told that the event would end late. The event however suprisingly ended way earlier, giving me lots of time to spend before meeting Pei Fen.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa