Wednesday, November 10, 2010

ilight Marina Bay

Pei Fen and I didn't manage to finish walking the whole stretch of the map where all the displays were located. Guess I am too tired from work and it was already quite late. Not bad that we managed to finish taking pictures for most the displays.

My event ended way earleir than expected so I ate the buffet for the guests while I waited for Pei Fen. Nice chat with Jeanie and ShiHui.

I walked over to Raffles City MRT to wait for Pei Fen. What a coincident that she took the right escalator up while I was about to go down. Fate.

Walking towards the first point of ilight, we had a good chat. She gave me a surprise present; banana. Asked her to eat in the end as she had not eaten much.

Our crazy picture taking session begins after we reached the point. It wasn't a smooth trip as we kept walking the wrong way. We got to have nice picture of us with Marina Bay Sands as the background.

We did not really understand the first point though as it was a giant egg-like structure. We slowly understood after reading the description and have a better expectation of the pattern of the artworks displayed around the whole of Marina Bay.

We spent quite some time on an interactive artwork. It was cool! It was like a giant kaleidoscope but not really one. The patterns on the screen change as we change our positions. Cool!

We then went to the next point where there were three big fans. The lights went off when we we there. I found the way to activate the fan but could not activate the light no matter how I tried. Oh well. Honestly, we do not know whether it was one ofthe display or not because there was no description. We then proceeded to the next point.

Strolling on, what I coincident that I saw HongQuan at one of the point. I did not recognise him initially till I walked closer. It was the display of the "doves" with some eerie sounds that I could not understand.

Singapore has a very beautiful skyline. Sitting by the river side to enjoy the sea breeze and staring at the awesome skyline is very relaxing. Yes, it's sea breeze instead of land breeze. I have no idea why. It's the relaxation that matters anyway.

We had another interactive display on the helix bridge. Wattfish. There's no fish but a fishing rod that will light up when the motor was spun. It really can train arm muscles.

Our trip stopped at one display below the bridge near esplanade. My legs cannot take it anymore. Furthermore, it was late and I have school the next day. I rocks.

It was a fun trip. How I wish I can spend more time there with Pei Fen. We have got so much to talk about and so many pictures to take. The exhibition is innovative. It can be improved with maps placed at certain locations. The descriptions are really helpful to aid in our understanding of the artworks.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa