Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mozart @ Singapore

I was totally amazed by the performance of the MozART Group! They were simply awesome! They just brought the appreciation of classical music to a whole new level! Amazing!

Not being there on the first day of their event, I have heard a lot of good reviews about them. I was told that I am going to like their performance.

Anticipating a great show, I was really excited. I was glad to have my placement at door three. Not a bad angle, just a little busy. My eyes lit up when the musicians started to make their way onto the stage.

Having heard what may happen, I stood aside so that the musician that was "late" can run in. He really knows his moves well; it is not easy to run so fast in such tight suit and with a cello held in one hand.

Having the manager of my department helping out in the house was rather stressful. I really do not like the feeling of being "monitored".

I didn't fully enjoy the performance as I had to keep a lookout for people that breach the house rules. Furthermore, being at door 3 means that there is a higher amount of workload. There were times that I missed a few details here and there. I really love their performance. How I wish that I can watch it live again.

Instead of just playing their instruments with some playful geeks, they totally made good use of their bows and other parts of the instruments. Other things of the daily life were also made good used in their performance. Actions with minimal words spoke were the part that made this music appreciation session more amusing. I guess I am in love with this group's way of delivering their music.

Due to the high response and liking, BT asked for permission for just this once that ushers be allowed to take photographs and autographs from the musician officially without having the jacket be taken off. I was overjoyed!

It was however a pity that I did not managed to get their autographs as they needed to rush off. I saw SCO staffs queueing up to take while no one helped me. Ushers, always have to be the last. Sad. On the brighter note, I managed to take a picture with two of the musicians as the other two had already went off. Thanks Jeanie for being the photographer.

Their performance may be over. But I will surely remember how awesome the MozART group is.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa