Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hokkien Classics

The sales of the tickets was so overwhelming that extra seats were added on the first day of the event.

As I do not really understand the Hokkien language, the concert seems too "ge tai" for me. Many of the things spoken sounded alien to me. The female singer from Taiwan have a nice voice. Her gestures was so unique that I have never seen before. I think that her makeup is a little too thick and she will look neater with her hair tied up if she wants her big gestures while singing.

The person that played the drum with his legs placed on top of the drum to create the variation in note is quite hilarious. It was his gestures that brought the entertainment. The whole crowd laughed their fill when he forgot to take his shoes after the performance, running back to retrieve the shoes he left at the side.

I have to report early on the second day for the pre-event talk. It was fun with all the craps communicated through the walkie talkie. There was a moment when Reuben played music on his handphone and blasted it through the walkie talkie. PeiShan was very quiet and YuRi started disturbing her through the walkie talkie after he reached the loading bay and was testing his walkie talkie.

Posted outside door three with Reuben for the start of the event, there were times when we "talked gangster". He stared at me and later asked me not to slash him. It really amusing to see his expression when he "pleaded" me with the fact that he got a gangster look. Haha!

There was a small change in the performance on the second day. The drum soloist did not wear his shoes out this time round. The female solo singer did not put on a make-up too thick and she had her hair half-tied. I prefer the neater her.

After the event, I took cab home with YuYue and YuRi in their Dad's car.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa