Friday, October 29, 2010

Gracefields Kindergarden Graduation 2010

This my third year working for their gradduation. It was another round of kiddy performances with the jubilant parents as their strong supporters.

Doing the deployment, BT told me beforehand that hs is placing me with someone I do not like. Being confident, I said it was alright, thinking that I'll just have to be a little more hardworking. I was however wrong when the event started.

There were three new colleagues and I was not in the mood to talk. I forgot to bring my phone with me. The conflict was sparked off by an idiotic patron who insist on consuming starbucks coffe inside the house. Not bringing it out after being approached by me, I asked that lazy colleague to approach for a different effect. Disppearing as usual to skive, I can't believe that she actually shouted across the block of seats, asking whether the new girl and I had approached the patron. The mic of the walkie-talkie was hanging down the buttons in a very unglam manner. Saying that we have approached, which the new girl in fact did not, she laughed aloud in a mocking manner, saying that it was hilarious that two of us could not settle a cup of coffee.

Angered by that, I asked whether she was trying to buy time. At this point of time, she said ridiculous stuffs and went to complain to EeYin for a very long period of time, and not settle the idiotic patron. Ridiculous.

Coming over to listen to my part of the story, EeYin and I was shocked by how that lazy colleague sneaked up to eavesdrop. My story was interrupted by that lazy colleague, who kept spouting ridiculous words out of her mouth, trying to create a scenario where she is the holy and righteous one. Disgusting. If she was confident that she was right, she wouldn't be stopping and trying control what people say. I am sure that she felt guilty and attempted to make me her scapegoat.

Asking the new colleague to take over my position, BT asked me to the foyer, listening to what happened after I warned him that something is going to happen during debrief. I wasn't given the chance to finish the whole story though, only spoke the main parts. That lazy colleague was then called out to say her part of the story next. I do not know what she would say, but I am confident that the rest of my colleagues would be on my side despite of her lies.

While the event went on, that lazy colleague pretend to work, giving me instructions and sounded as if the patron with a restless baby was not attended by me. Despicable acts by her as usual. The atmosphere was tense and quiet till the end of the event.

Expecting something to happen during debrief, BT just asked the rest of the colleagues to keep our walkie-talkies and torchlights and brought us down. I was puzzled by what was going on but was expecting a talk in the office.

I was right, the issue is to be settled in the office. Having the feeling that I may lose control of myself, I did not talk much. So much lies from her with the despicable righteous tone, I was on the verge of crying. Yes, it was tears of anger.

I did not have the chance to talk as well. My mind was overwhelmed by anger. I aws dissapointed with myself. I thought I would settle this calmly. It was this session that I knew why I always have the feeling that she was expecting me to be exceptionally nice to her. It was all because of a small bag that she gave me when we first knew each other. She must be insane that a small bag could bribe me to tolerate and condone her mistakes and laziness.

It was concluded that BT have to write an incident report. I was afraid to lose my job when I heard that there was this report. The conclusion was that we quarrelled infront of the patrons which did not actually happened. I did not have a chance to say a word to this wrong conclusion made and I was doing my best to control my tears then.

Going out to finish off the administrative stuffs that is to be done after every event, I asked BT whether I'll be in trouble. He said no but I am still doubtful. That lazy colleague stayed inside the office to continue ranting. I was out when BT saw me rubbing my eyes and asked me leave the office first.

BT told me that the extra timings could be claimed. Weird. I just punch out my card as usual and record accordingly. I am alright with extra pay, I have no wrong in accepting extra pay for attending to this trouble.

I then went home with Jane who waited for me at the usher desk. Thanks to her that I was not so lonely when I left the place.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa