Sunday, August 01, 2010

YOG 2010 Water Stage

The third combined rehearsal was over. As it rained earlier in the day, the water on the stage seemed way freezing than the previous rehearsal. Anyway, I strongly believe that the water was pumped from the Singapore river. My skin was irritated by the water. I do not agree with the idea that the water from Singapore river should be used.

I understand that water is precious. Since everyone is going to dirty the water, what's wrong with using water from Singapore river? The fact that using the relatively clean water would protect the performers from infections. There are going to be a few more combined and component rehearsal. What if performers were down on the actual day of performance? I believe that there are way lots of micro-organisms in the Singapore river as compared to water dirty by performers.

Honestly, I felt that YOG performers in many aspects were not sufficiently well taken care of. I seriously wonder if I can survive till the end of this event.

The freezing cold water is causing me to feel pain in my joints. The smell is so awful that it cause my body and clothings to have a really bad stench. Last but not least, the water is an irritant to my skin.

I am not the only person that is facing with all these problems. I really wonder where I can voice out all these issues. Knowing that the issue of coldness hard to be solved, I am just simply hoping to have some clean and odourless water.

It's not a mystery whether those people sitting so high up will even listen to the voice of the "small" and "unsignificant" performers. I really doubt that there will be any actions done to improve the situation since performers for NDP09 chapter 6 were denied of the small request to see and breathe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
家唐銘 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa