Wednesday, August 04, 2010

POCC's "Pope Joan" Movie Preview

The movie "Pope Joan" will only be released on 12th August 2010 in Singapore. As a winner of the movie tickets, I get to catch the show first. I was a little reluctant to attend the screening as the show seemed boring to me. My initial plan was to get the tickets first. I can give it to my friends if I am not interested. However, after knowing that I have to be present to collect the tickets on the day that it is being screened, I asked Auntie Mui to accompany me to watch the movie.

I reached there early. The people were late due to a traffic jam. It was kind of the person to message me, reminding me about the screening and that I can contact that person through that number if I have any query.

The booth was finally set up after some time. Almost 6.30pm, the time they indicated the cut-off. I expected a rather grand event but it was obviously not. The people seemed so unprepared. It seemed that there is some miscommunication between nuffnang and POCC.

After grabbing our goodie bags, a lady took a photo of Auntie Mui and I for marketing purposes that the cervical cancer is the only cancer that can be prevented by a vaccine. After taking the photo, she stuck it onto a board, asking me to write down 5 names of the ladies that I would like to protect. Names? I wrote the addresses instead; mother, sister, grandma, auntie, friends.

She was not familiar with the camera. I tried to tell her but she ignored me and kept asking to her people. Great. It kinds of gave me the feeling that "hey, only officers of this event knows". We were kind of jammed there for a while as we were the first to collect the tickets.

Proceeding into the hall, we get to choose our seats. Great! Auntie Mui and I chose the top and middle seat. Good view! The seats were not in good condition I would say. It shakes and there isn't much space in between the roles. My head was almost resting on the legs of the peson sitting behind me.

After some time, the show finally commenced. NC-16. It was my first time watching a movie with this rating. I thought that there were just some additional gross sexual scenes as compared to PG. I was wrong. There were lots of other disturbing scenes too. Violence. The sexual scenes were disturbing too.

The actors were great. Those acting the bad guys, I really felt like walking right up and punch them in the face. I hate male chauvinist to the core. The wits of the female lead was just great. How I wish I can be that smart too.

The story of the show was good. But I really dislike the disturbing scenes. I guess that are the things that make a movie comes to life. This movie is "very literature" I would say. The poster for the movie looks kind of scary. I then understood why after watching the show.

All the people left after watching the movie. I did not really see the significance of the screening of this movie with the POCC campaign. There was no talk to elaborate what's going on. This definitely need improvement. This event, seemed to be rather, cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa