Sunday, August 29, 2010

NAFA Convocation 2010

BT was shocked when I reached there. I was shocked after he told me that it was full strength. Things were finally settled after Eeyin appears; I was replacing another usher. I really do not want to go home after making an effort to wake up so early in the morning.

I was so tired that I actually signed at the wrong row while I withdraw the security pass. Great. There were 4 new ushers. It took me some time to remember their names. Hope I will still remember the next time I see them.

I was kind of not happy with the NAFA staffs as they kept crowding around the walkway. They even crowded around door three, the place where I was deployed to. Their decision to place to cameras were werid too, blocking the walkway. It was a better job done last year.

Things were way more easy after the presenting of certificate commenced. BT suddenly called me outside. I thought I was needed to do something important. It was actually some chats. It was regarding the steamboat outing and the upcoming annual meeting.

I slacked outside as it was rather boring inside. Rare of me slacking during work. Chatted with a new girl as she was my door three partner for the day. According to BT and YuRi, many things happened while I was not around. I just said I did not come back for a month due to YOG which in fact was 2 months to be exact.

Lunch together with the ushers at Amoy Street again. We did the hosue check before going out. I found a phone. The owner came after a while to claim it. To verify that he is the ownner, I used my phone to call the number he gave. Silly me. Too nice of me to help BT as he was rather slow in retrieving his phone. I shall not do that again unless I am the in-charge. I do not want to leak out my number unnecessarily.

At Amoy Street, I ate char kway tiao and I was kind of disappointed with Uncle's standard. His speed was however very fast. I got my plate in about 2 minutes and I was rather stunned for a moment. We then took BT's car back. Four girls squeezed at the back seat. We managed to finished squeezing as Jason and Faith were to stay behind to look after the guest reception.

The second shift commenced and on graduate came to ask me for help. She wanted me to pass two tickets to her parents. I agreed to help but her parents did not turn up. Quite nice of her to thank me after the whole event when she took her leave. Guess she is disappointedd that her parents could not make it in time. For such a big event of a lifetime, I would really want my loved ones to be there to witness my achievements.

I had more chats outside than the previous session. Slack. I know it's bad and not professional. Too bored I guess. The shoes was making my heels hurt too. BT kinf of brought up YOG a few times. Eeyin asked me about the food that I ate. Guess it was kind of a big issue as that is the first thing that people would ask me with regards to my involvement.

The event finally ended and we got to have some rest before punching out as the same two ushers were required to guard the guest reception again.

I went to take a drink at the graduate reception before setting off to meet PeiFen. I wanted to grab some desserts too but there wasn't any. Wanted to have a meal at the buffet with Jane but I only remember after I reached there. I set off immediately after that cup of cordial drink. At least some thirst quenched.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa