Saturday, June 19, 2010

Music Extravaganza

I did not sign up for this event as I planned to rest. Waking up early in the morning to travel to the west for YOG training can be tiring. As there were not enough ushers and there was a chance for me to be the IC, I signed up. It however turned out to be another guy that became the IC. Oh well.

The music was nice. Missed the erhu performance as I have to prepare drinks for the VIPs. Humph. I was so glad that I managed to get the people's signatures after the show. I however have to be more alert about my actions.

Being the most senior usher there, I helped to solve lots of problems. I was so happy when the IC told me that he was so lucky to have me there for the event as I somehow played a significant role.

The general manager somehow created quite a few troubles for me. I felt so annoyed that he is only concerned about his VIPs. He actually asked me to checked the VIP seats as some people sat the wrong place while it was the surge-in of the patrons. Furthermore, there was not enough ushers. I think the GM shouldn't work in this company as he does not seems to really appreciates music as well.

Workload for ushers seems to be increasing. We were told to do this and that while there is a limit to the number of ushers that they hire for each event. Great.

Thanks to Eeyin, we got to eat food from the reception after our work. So happy. It was never a thing that happened in the past during events that I worked. It seemed to be some segregation between full-time staffs and part-time staffs.

As the event ended late, girls were allowed to claim cab fare. Yes! I quickly hire a cab home as I was very tired and it was almost midnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa