Thursday, June 24, 2010

Marina Bay Sands Opening Celebration

Lucky me won two tickets to this occasion and attended it with Auntie Mui.

We reached there rather late as Auntie Mui had to work. It was time when the climbing competition commences when we reached and I managed to take a shot of them climbing. As they just started climbing, there were not at the very high part of the building, allowing my average camera to be able to capture them in action. There were a lot of people who crowded at the opposite building of the competition venue to watch the climbers in action.

After taking that shot, I proceeded in to the event plaza. I don't want to miss out any more performances. The walk from the shopping mall entrance to the event plaza sure is long. There were a lot of barricates set up that Auntie Mui and I had to walk rounds to reach the audience area.

We stood at a corner at the back. We could have been able to be in the middle if we reached earlier. The choice was then justified to be a right choice later on. The climbers in action were broadcasted live on the stage. At the same time, some parachuters just jumped off the plane. Though taking pictures of the climbers from where I stood was impossible due to the trees, I was able to take lots of pictures of the parachuters. What justified my correct position was that the parachuters landed in the water instead of the sky garden. So cool! Numerous boats were already on standby to fetch the parachuters and keep their parachutes. I was so happy that I got to take a shot of them "landing" into the water. I wonder if they rehearsed that before. Hmm.

It was then followed by singing session by Sylvia and Lin Jun Jie. I like the song "jiang nan" by Lin Jun Jie. Nice melody. It was really a cool thing to be able to listen to Sylvia singing "american Boy" live. Though I can't really see both of them on stage, as I was rather far away, it was a nice experience listening to them singing live.

The next thing was the main show of the day - the significant opening button pushing. Important people were invited up to the stage to push the big button together. I was surprised by the "fire crackers" after they did the significant "push". I like the glitters a lot! A little pity that I was not able to get a shot of it. I however managed to get two shots of the fire released on the top of the "palm".

After the official launch, Kelly Rowland was the next singer. Her voice is superb. Listening to her halfway, I had to leave as it was raining quite heavily. Auntie Mui and I went to take a walk at the basement to take a look at the "boating" service. Cool.

Seeing that some people are taking pictures with a "gong", we went to take a picture as well. HongQuan came just in time to help us took a shot. Nice.

We then proceeded home. I was already very tired then. HongQuan went to have his walk to the MRT station and taking pictures along the way. Auntie Mui and I took bus service 133. Not seeing the sign properly, we actually took the loop service. We then decided to take a train ride home instead. The distance of the train station from Marina Bay Sands was rather far though.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa