Sunday, May 09, 2010

99 Days to Singapore 2010 YOG Countdown Celebration!



HongQuan and I did not manage to get the limited edition collar pins as we reached rather late. I rushed my way there as I was released late from class but HongQuan was later than me. So I roamed around the MRT station and searched for food while waiting.

It took us a while to find our way there as the traffic lights was located at the other end. We dared not enter initially as we did not see anyone entering. Taking up some courage, I went to ask one of the people on duty. After going through the metal detector, we finally step foot on the party ground.

It was a disappointment that the pins and game cards were all given out. It was however great that we managed to try on two games; fencing and basketball. We got a key holder from fencing and a biscuit from basketball. Though the gifts were small, we were very happy!

The show started with Jean Danker gathering the crowd. We managed to find a spot near the middle of the stage. It was really hot squeezing with that large crowd. There were dance and singing performances. I really like the dance by some NUS students. Nice costumes, nice movements and nice music.

Standing at the side of the red carpet, I managed to get some shots of the VIPs! Cool! HongQuan was a little unlucky to get lesser shots than I did. He has a better camera than me though.

Shifting forward with attempts to get better pictures, there was a photographer infront of us who was very tall! He totally blocked our views. I managed to get some shots as I raise my hand really high up in the air and did a angled-down view.

The volunteers' uniforms were revealed. Some of the tops were nice while some were not. I don't think I am having the nice ones. The cargo pants is however very nice!

After the ministers left, the performance continued. I stood right infront of Hady Mirza as he sang for the crowd. Wow. This was the second close-up interaction with him. The crowd behaved well as no one dares to step over the "lines".

Singing his third song, HongQuan and I went over to get ready to take shots of Electrico. There was a live telecast interview by either suria or vassamtham central of a kid and a volunteer right infront of the band. It took us some time to get a shot of the band with no interference.

Songs sang by them were alright. I do not really understand though. A bunch of students danced with craziness like they were clubbing. The whole party ended after the third song.

HongQuan and I walked around to take more pictures before leaving the area. Managed to take a silly photo and it made me feel so happy. As a guy was removing the car plate of the car on display, I borrowed the car plate from him. It was nice of him to volunteer to help us take a picture in that silly pose. Nice. I can't wait to see the photo.

Before proceeding to the MRT station, we took a look at the shop selling the YOG merchandises. It's good money. The items were so nice that I hope to own some of them! However, they are just way to expensive for me. Hope that volunteers get to have souvenirs too.


source of image: http://singapore2010.sg/

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa