Friday, March 20, 2009

SHS Student Conference 2009

This is my first student conference. There were pleasant and unpleasant things. It was alright generally.

I woke up early as I had to reach school by 6.30pm. I am responsible for opening the clubroom as I volunteered to hold on to the key since I live the nearest as compared to the rest. I waited at the bus-stop for around 30 mins but my bus did not appear. I got a phone call and a message while I was waiting for my bus. Feel a little disappointed that I was not trusted.

There was 10 minutes more for me to reach school and not even the other bus appear. I called Auntie Mui and she agreed to drive me to school immediately despite I woke her up from sleep and she was coughing quite badly. I really thank her a lot that I got to school in time. =D

I wanted to catch the sun-rise but the doors of the staffs' offices and tutorial rooms were locked. Oh well.. Anyway, the air in the morning sure is fresh. Haha.

I helped out with the preparations for 15 minutes before changing and get myself ready for the event. I wore my new blouse, pants and shoes! Haha! I like my new pants a lot. Haha!

Being the VIP registra and "bell-girl" were my jobscopes. Glad that I have something to do throughout. Haha. I was rather lucky to reach the lecture theatre before the presentation starts. Phew. Rushed there after "closing" the registration. There were so many people that attended this event, causing me having to squeeze in to get a good spot to do the time-keeping. The first bell sure is a little attention-catching. Can't believe that My year one mentor said I am fierce when I press the bell. =.=

Another lecturer of mine asked me for time allowance as her student presenters had some technical glitch. I can't believe that I actually listened to her and gave the team 10 seconds of allowance. I have no one to consult at that time too. I wonder if I had done the right thing. I just want to be fair to all teams. I regretted after giving the allowance. The group still exceed a lot anyway. Furthermore, they didn't win. If not, I sure feel very guilty as I already feel guilty enough.

It would be better if lecturers do not interfere too much. I can see the battle between the lecturers since the dry run. I was delighted yesterday during the dry run when I heard one lecturer ask another member about the plans as she does not want spoil our plans. So nice of her.

I took a rest during the break. The food was edible but there is a big big room for improvements. Thanks to Jovin for helping me to grab some food while I was serving the foods to the students and guests.

Thanks to him and Hakim for taking care of my food while I invite the guests back to the lecture theatre with my loud voice. Lol.

After the event was the dismantling of the decorations. All done by the club and I can't even see the trace of the lecturers. It's our job anyway. But from this and the "argument", I have "learned some new facts".

It was then debrief which ends at around 3pm. Great job done by everyone! =D

In addition, CONGRATULATIONS to ORTHOLIFT360! =D





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa