Saturday, March 07, 2009

The Cantonese Music Lingers On......

Rushed back to Grandma house to change out and have my dinner before heading down to the conference hall after my work at Yishun. Glad that I reached there on time. Helped Jiewei and Yuting to prepare their new punch card too.

Quite missed my name tag though. Haha. Haven't seen it for some time.

After some preparations, it's the commencing of work. Internal usher again. Got that same position at the top of the gallery again. Switched with Sky to get near door 8 so that I can see the huqin better.

Chatted with one of the loyal fan of SCO. She got the tickets for one whole year. COOL! Besides from that, all the tickets were of the same seat. She told me that that was her permanent seat. Haha. Quite nice of her to chat with me. She said "hello" to me with a really big smile when she walked past me to her seat. Haha.

The performance was alright. One song entitled "Great Waves" some sort of woke me up as I was feeling a little sleepy for some of the items. The reason was that this was a cantonese concert and I could hardly understand what the performers were singing even though the music was nice.

I get to see the cantonese gaohu again! Cool! Heard jinghu but couldn't locate it on the stage. How I wish I have the chance to learn jinghu.

I was a little shocked when the guest conductor walked onto the stage as I was expecting Tsung Yeh to be the conductor. Another new discovery was that both "wang laoshi" and "zhu laoshi" were partners now. Both were playing zhonghu last night, sitting side by side.

There wasn't a lot of people that turned up yesterday. Lots of empty seats can be found at the back of the gallery. Patrons generally were alright except for a few.

Did the routine house-checks after that and did not find any house programme left behind. Glad that Weixuan took two for me. =D Wanted the autographs too but I didn't get the chance to.

Went home after that and I was really glad that I manage to get myself a seat in the train. =)





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa