Friday, February 06, 2009

Chingay at Heartlands

Went to the stage area to catch some performances before the floats arrive with my Grandma and my two Aunties. Brought my balloon sculpture of the flower along, wearing it on my wrist, as the balloon will not be in this "bloated" state after a few days. Haha.

I watched some nice performances though. PM Lee was the guest-of-honour for the event. Wanted to watch the Korean dance, the guys type, but missed it as the floats arrived at the time of their performance. Ran out to take picture of the floats. Cool.

The event was a bit messy though. I do not really know what was going on. Went to take some free milo while I waited for the floats to arrive. It was really a close up view of the floats. Fun! =D

The floats actually move rather fast. I have to run to catch up with the "dragon float" so that I can take nice pictures. Missed the part when it "spills fire". Hmm. Captured a nice picture of the "dragon head", not bad. Haha.

As I was still high-spirited in the Chingay mood, I waved and shouted "happy new year" to the people on the float. It feels so different being an audience and a volunteer. The pirate's ship slid backwards at one point of time. Lucky that it stopped in time. If not, what happens to the cars behind is unimaginable.

I felt odd. Why was there only 5 floats? I thought there was more? Seeing that the road was not blocked anymore and other cars were passing through the road, I went home with Auntie Mui. Reached home at around 8.30pm. I quickly switch on the TV to catch the Chingay performances. Guess what? I start to hear loud noises. Went to the window to take a look and there were more floats coming! I missed it! Hmm.. =S Didn't really get to take pictures or see them clearly as there were trees blocking my view. I am not really disappointed that I don't get to have a close-up view of the floats as I was part of Chingay. Was disappointed that Auntie Mui missed the chance to have a close-up view. Hmm..





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa