Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tunes of the Butterfly Lovers

This is another two-day SCO event that I worked for. It was a guest conductor that conducted the whole show for the two nights. It was his birthday and it was really nice for the people to celebrate his birthday for him. I heard the peaches that presented to him made a count of nineteen. What is the meaning of nineteen remains unknown.

For the sake of the show, the presentation of peaches was done for the two nights. Jane was the one assigned to present the peaches. We were joking that the peaches were too heavy for her.

On the first night, there was a sight that made me rather jealous. The backstage people took a group photo with the conductor and the soloist, the conductor's daughter. How I wish I can take a picture with them too. Why is there a very big gap between the backstage crews and ushers though we are the people that play a part in making this event a success? It's as if ushering is a very lowly job. It's awesome customer service alrights.

There isn't anything special about this event. I am glad that I got to have their autographs. What I heard was that this daughter did not have the same surname as her father because of the one-child policy; she follow her mother's surname while her sister follows her father's. Interesting.

I prefer the way this soloist plays the Butterfly Lovers. There is more feelings and more flexibility as compared to the previous one. There were times when she open her mouth side when she played. According to YuYue, that is the sign that she is very into the music. Wow.

Besides from the Butterfly Lovers, the soloist played another song to showcase her talent in violin. It was a tango music from a movie. Nice.

This piece of music is still as nice as ever. Hope to hear it again. The positive side of not being a flower girl is that I can enjoy the music more.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa