Sunday, July 04, 2010

Metiér VIII

I guess this is the most energy draining event that I had ever worked. This is the first school event that I worked with so many students that do not behave themselves. I see that the teachers were kind of tired too.

The performance was quite good. The principal's talk was so dry and boring that I almost fell asleep. The students that wasn't behaving themselves got to restless and created lots of trouble because it was boring. The speech sounds like some propaganda too. The bright side of the situation was that there were teachers that helped to discipline them, sharing a small portion of my workload.

It was a small relief when the performance commences as it draws the students' attention and made them behave themselves for a moment.

More trouble were created during the intermission. Food and drinks. I had a thought that maybe the house rules should be told to schools that are going to rent the place and the the rules are to be told to the students beforehand. Those irritating stares from students that were informed of the house rules sure is annoying. I really dislike people who do not respect the music and the concert hall.

It was a relief when the event was finally over. One female teacher said that I did a good job. It kinds of brightens up my day. "I think you did a good job. Usually when you nag and nag they won't listen..."

There were three new ushers but there was not enough time to icebreak with each other. Only one of them talked to me. There was another one that I saw who looked quite experienced; it doesn't look like it's her first time doing this job.

It was so long since I last worked with Crystal. Heard that she has been asking for me! So sweet. I never knew that someone is looking forward to work with me. I was so happy when I heard that!

I did not attend the debrief after the event as I found out something after going to the washroom. There was some issues that I wanted to bring up but it was some same old issues as the other events that can never be solved even though it was being brought up. I dropped the idea in the end.

I then took a relaxing bus ride home after settling all the administrative stuffs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa