Sunday, September 28, 2008

Formula One Grand Prix 2008

This international championship is first time held in Singapore and this is also the first time that it is held in the night. I am really amazed by the efforts put in by everyone to make this event possible. This is especially the layout of the circuit. With all the details so nicely done, I really wonder how much planning are being done. I am sure that they have squeezed a lot of brain juice for this.

Even though I do not get to watch it live or get myself involved in this game, I have enjoyed myself watching the live telecast. Watching them going round and round is a little boring I must say. The racers have to run 61 laps in order to finish the race. The total distance is equivalent to around 300km.

What kept my eyes glued to the TV is the gorgeous night view of Singapore. It's a rare chance to see Singapore light up so brightly in the night. Furthermore, I can also see my beloved marina promenade. Some information given in the show is good as it had provided insights for people like me who knows almost nothing about the race. It would be nice if the surrounding is captured for audience to see before the start of the event instead of just showing the cars running in the circuit.

I am really puzzled when the winners are not singing their national anthem or paying attention when the national anthem of the champion's was played. No one seems to even notice that the Singapore's national anthem was sang at the beginning.

Spain's Fernando Alonso cliched the championship while Germany's Nico Rosberg and Britain's Lewis Hamilton are in the second and third place respectively. Congratulations to them! The efforts put in by the other teams are commendable as well. Great job everyone!







No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa