Sunday, February 17, 2008

Chingay 2008

The performance last night was as usual extravagant. However, what that bothers me as usual is the interruption of the broadcast of the performance by advertisements and some unnecessary talks by the emcees. Some explanation by the emcees are good that it helps the audience to better understand the meaning behind each item performed. But that doesn't mean that to show involvement and excitement about the performance, one has to scream into the microphone.

The last item is what I like most. To me, it is the most artistic item of the whole performance. This is especially with the presence of Singapore Chinese Orchestra! Haha. Though I don't really understand the poem recited and didn't get to see what is drawn by the Singapore well-known artist, the music of that item is really nice! What infuriated me is that the broadcast is cut off when the performance of the item is still going on and it's not even 9.30pm. The broadcast is cut off when they show the Singapore artist is drawing something for around 5 seconds. How to know what he is trying to draw when I am only given 5 seconds of broadcast? Furthermore, at that moment, he seems to be just started with his masterpiece, meaning that there the item is going to continue for a while more. Argh...

I wonder what's going on as the overall performance doesn't seems to be well-rehearsed. Some of the music is played at the wrong time and the camera doesn't seems to be focused on the right thing for each item sometimes. Odd. I did tried to watch it online, which is loaded so slow that I gave up. Anyway, I don't remember there are any interruptions when the national day parade is broadcasted though.

Overall, although I didn't have a satisfying view of the performance, the performance is really great and the efforts put in to organise this is commendable.





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa