Sunday, January 31, 2010

SCO Opening Gala 2010

Tight schedule for the day. Glad to hear that the repoting timing was a little late so that I have a little more time to prepare for work. Due to some technical problems with hotmail and the company's email, it was around 11am that I got to know the reporting timing. Great.

Shopped a little with Dad at the "pasar malam" before taking the train. It was the first day of business. I reached the loading bay at around 30 minutes before the reporting time. As no email was received, I went to look at the notice board regarding about the event. I was shocked to see that I was the in-charge for that day! Wow. I quickly went back to the security room to change my security card from number 6 to number 1.

Four reported one hour earlier than me to give out goodies. Two of them were the "cai shen". A little disappointed that I do not have the chance to take a picture with them. Hmm.

Work was generally alright. I was not a good in-charge that day. I forgot to do deployment before going up, forgot to inform my ushers when was the intermission, forgot to do the autograph deployment beforehand, first time stealing a bite from the reception and got caught, forgot to keep a good track of the timings that are to be recorded. I wonder what's wrong with me. I guess it was my luck. Anyway, there was some parts of the organisation of things that made me difficult to do what I want. I really thank my group of ushers who are almost auto-pilot. Glad that they know what is going on and are smart enough to decide what are to be done. Thank you people.

I am a little disappointed that I don't really get to watch the performance. Managed to peep a little here and there. I really like the music. I can feel the energy in the music. My spirit went up when a joyous song was played. I can feel some tears that were going to flow out when a low-spirited music was played. This is just how great the orchestra is. The short play by the 93.3FM DJs seemed nice but I do not get to watch as I had to stay outside. Peifen is pretty. Haha.

Peifen's parents was late and were not able to enter till a suitable break. The mother told me they were late as the father worked till very late. They looks nice, totally not the show-off type.

The event ended and I spent some time to fill in the form. A little stressed while filling up the form as I am still not that confidence whether I fill in correctly or not. First time filling up a lost and found form. Furthermore, I was still feeling a little bad about what I did. Good to learn something new.

I am rather disappointed with my performance. I am not professional enough. Took a cab home and had a rather good short random chat with the driver.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa