Thursday, January 28, 2010

Keat Hong Chinese Orchestra 35th Anniversary Concert

This was the first event that I thought I can work with Cher. What a pity that she fell sick.

From the email received, I kind of deduced that some special guest is going to attend this event. Reaching my workplace, my hypothesis was verified. The minister of manpower was the guest-of-honour. I was the VIP usher as usual. What I would like to comment about his bodyguards was that they doesn't seems to be very fierce. Guess one tried to thank me when I helped to shift the sign-post away for the minister while he re-enters the house for the second half of the concert.

Work for the day was generally alright. Not much of uncooperative patrons. I get to put more attention on the performance. There were parts of the music that I find the beats weird though. Hmm. Of all the songs that I have heard that night, I like the erhu piece the best. Nice.

The suona piece was really great too. I just do not really understand the music. The conductor introduced the suona piece before performing. It is a story between a couple and the famous "bao gong' from the Song Dynasty. Cool. There were three suonas, depicting each character with each. Cool.

"Dali Qing Feng" sounded a little different from the one played by the people of MFCO for the first concert. Hmm. The song after this piece reminded me of my last SYF with MFCO as the "shou gu" was used. Yes, I am reminded of the song "tian shan sheng hui".

Work was generally alright just that there is a little lack of manpower. There were times that I have to leace my position but was not able to do so freely. An example would be bringing the wheel-chair patron to the toilet. The reason was that many patrons doesn't bother to read the sign-post placed atthe door. Well, most of them surprisingly read the sign-post on that day.

Well, it was a really tiring day for me as I had to wake up very early in the morning to the East for Chingay training, rushed for many things and endured till the end of work. Guess I broke my record.

No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa