Friday, July 11, 2008

NDP NE show 1

I was deployed to the funpacks section. But I didn't do much because I went there late, reached at around 6.40pm plus I think. Missed some flight show though. I was there late due to wushu fliming. It's a rather exciting day I must say. Ran like mad after wushu to rush down to the floating platform. Being the first time there, I am not sure which gate I am suppose to enter. Just in case of some unnecessary misunderstanding, I called KS to bring me in. Am really paisei to give him rather much trouble on that day. Haha. Quite nice of him to meet me at the bus-stop and lead me the correct way.

The people are singing the national anthem when I reach the floating platform. The huge helicopters carrying the Singapore flag flew pass. Am a little disappointed that I did not manage to take a picture of it. I jumped and waved at the helicopters even though I know that no one will wave back. Haha. Feel a little guilty later that I didn't stop to sing the national anthem. =X

Knowing that I am already late, I still run like mad because I want to catch the flight show. It's dinner time when I reach there. After having a hard time looking for Jolene and the others who are deployed to the funpacks, I took my food, leave it with Binbin, then went to see the flight show. Missed the starting though. Managed to take some videos and pictures. As I thought that I cannot view the show totally, I am a little disappointed at first. Since I manage to view it in the end, I became really high-spirited. Got a close-up view of the heart-shape drawn by the planes. it's really COOL! The angles, the closeness of the planes, and the smoke released, everything is so perfectly done!

After that, as we are not sure where we can go, we dare not go anywhere. Sat behind the gallery and daydream for a rather long time though. It's really hot and stuffy. The air there isn't very good because there is so much exhuast gas released by the vehicles. Went to peep at the stage once in a while. Saw the cute balloons attached at the sea, I brought Jolene over to see, hoping to cheer her up a little. Everybody is so sian at the back lor. Guess what? After I brought Jolene there, the fireworks begun!! We went to the stairs and view it. As we are blocking the way, even though we stood at the side of the stairs, we didn't stay long. Luckily Cherie come to the rescue! She brought me to the gallery where volunteers are allowed to stand. WOW! It's the top of the gallery seats. I took videos of the fireworks again. Haha. Saw the lighted-up Singapore flyer for the first time too. After the fireworks, I sang the Singapore songs too. Some sort of miss it as the national day celebration in SRJC last year is so nothing to do with national day. d0tX. Anyway, I took the pledge and sang the national anthem. Haha. Something that I miss again. Haven't been doing that ever since the last day of school at SRJC. Haha. The fireworks really make me feel super high.

Went back to the holding area after that. Feel a little bad that the rest are still sianning there. Took a walk with Adelyn, Meilin and Liping. Got to see some of the props used by the performers and get to fill my bottle with some fake orange juice. Haha.

I am deployed to the blue sector tomorrow. Think I will get to see the performances bahz. Haha. Heard that there is wushu and chinese opera, I really don't want to miss it. Haha.





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa