Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Ancient Glory

Patrons were well-behaved for both days. Not much of running around to stop people from breaking the house rules.

First time seeing a GuQin being played live. Got to have a closer look on the second day due to change in deployment. Frankly saying, I felt something weird about the deployment for both days. It seems to be a little different as usual. Anyway, thanks Weixuan for helping me to take the autographs.

I was the flowergirl for the first day. Saw the GuQin soloist. Wanted to take picture with him initially but changed my mind. I liked the new things that were added backstage; water point and rubbish bin. Working long hours in the air-conditioned area really make my lips dry.

Second day, Jiewei and I were involved in the pre-concert talk. Quite relaxing. Had the chance to have some fun. Saw Brother's dizi instructor and said 'hi' through Uncle Jimmy walkie-talkie. No wonder I thought I saw him on stage on the previous night. Ah Bee "special appearance" made me laugh till I squat on the floor.

First time that I was placed at the reception. Got to drink some milo. Thanks to Jiewei and Ah Bee for helping me to prepare the stuffs.

Clearance time, there was one weird patron who tried to force his way through the door I am in charged of. Lucky he did not succeed. Thanks Jiewei for standing beside me for support.

I like the first music more than the rest. I do not really understand the rest though. GuQin is a nice instrument. The music played was nice, just that I do not understand. The first song was a little boring in the beginning. The middle part was the nicest. The song was about my favourite flower, plum blossom. Nice. It was my first time seeing the PianZhong being played live too. Cool.

The piece with a recital had a mystery for me to solve. One percussionist used a bow to produce some eerie sounds. I wonder how he did that though. Instruments may look simple in their appearance. They can however produce great pieces of music that provide different fantasies to the soul and mind. The art of mastering the instruments and using them to create great pieces of music is just simply wonderful.





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa