Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ernst and Young Seminar

Faith and I were the only people who reached on time. As I am not sure what event it was and how many colleagues were going to turn up, I prepared some of the stuffs that were needed, adding on as they slowly arrive.

As the rest of the colleagues were late and patrons were about to go out of control, we did not do any routine checks. Patrons gushed in once the doors were opened. There was a jam as patrons were taking their time to choose their seats. This is a problem of free seating. I tried to ask them to move infront as there were many empty seats. Instead of listening to me, many just merely laughed at me mockingly and continue their queue to the "fengshui" seat on the slope. It looked as if I did not do as I was told by the in-charge.

Frankly saying, I am in a dilemna. I cannot shout and neither can I restrict them; it's a concert hall.

Lots of food and drinks were brought into the house. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I have "scanned" them while they were entering; I went to help out with one new colleague.

It was a boring talk to me as I do not understand a thing. What I know was that the talk concern about the practices of a company for auditing. Some of the patrons were really interested and paid lots of attention to the speaker. They were busy taking down notes and followed closely with the slides printed for them. However, there were patrons who went there to slack. It was till the second part of the seminar that I understood why; attendance was taken. Guess they were forced to attend the talk by their respective company.

I believe those patrons were from the business sector. They looked rather professional from what they wore. However, many of them had actions were so different from their looks. Many totally doesn't respect my colleagues and I. There were not considerate enough not to block people's way by taking their time to choose their seats, crowding around one attendance sheet from different directions though there was a distinct queue, and queueing and crowding near the door just to get their hands on the attendance sheet despite I told them nicely to make way for other patrons.

The end of the seminar was another "crowding session" near the door. The hirer finally decided to give out papers for people to write down their company's name, tabulating the attendance on their own.

It was a relief when the event finally ended. As there were food left over from the intermission, I took six packets of food back home. Five packets of Old Chang Kee curry puffs and a packet of ISS's curry puffs and samosas. Food are just so unresistable.





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa