Saturday, October 25, 2008

Gracefields Kindergarden Graduation Concert

Replace another colleague again. Got a last minute call yesterday and I was so happy that I got to work today. There was two shifts but I only did the afternoon shift.

The concert began with a prayer recited by a "father". I was a little surprised by that. The performance was alright. There were nice choreographed dances too. I was looking forward to the "kungfu" item. The children didn't perform real martial arts but just some martial-arts-like dancing. Not bad though. It's more of tae-kwan-do's style than Chinese martial arts even though they wore the Chinese martial arts' costume. Just feel that the music used for this item doesn't have much creativity. The Taiwan's minority group dance was nice too. The children followed the tempo rather closely. Here is a picture of the "kungfu dance". I missed taking the picture of them posing which they did the splits.



I got the same old position again. Bored. Was hoping to try new positions though. Anyway, there were two guys who were quite odd. They hid behind and play games. Spoke quite loudly though. Overall, the patrons were comparatively cooperative than last week's event. There were relatively lesser people today though. The reason is that there were two shifts I think.

What I would like to add on is that the emcee's English is really powerful. I really admire that. She did really well in controlling the crowd.

I think I am getting use to this job as I am not that tired today. Just a little hungry. Haha. It may also be the short working hours that's why I am not that tired. The temperature there today was quite cold. One colleague fell sick after the noon shift though. Hope that he will get well soon! =)





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa