Sunday, August 31, 2008

RSAF Open House 2008

My experience at the open house is quite a good one. I am so glad that I get to take a lot of nice pictures! Even though it rained in the noon when Parvin and I reached there, it does not dampen our spirit as we are certain that there are good shows awaiting.

The people behind the scenes had done their jobs well. The ambassadors, the pilots, and many other people, they are really nice. The ambassadors had helped me to get my way around. The pilots are helpful in helping Parvin and I to take nice pictures in terms of being our photographers and take pictures with us. Some other RSAF people had also helped us to take photos too. So nice.

The aircrafts and weapons on display has really amazed me. All are very cool!! As the queues were very long, I didn't hop into any aircrafts to take pictures. Many people didn't get to hop on too. So they took pictures on the ground. I keep taking pictures of the 'tail' of the aircrafts as there are many people crowded at the head of the aircrafts. The 'tails' are really cute as there are many interesting logos on each aircrafts.

There are quite a lot of people that grace the event today. Think that there would be more people if there isn't rain. The puddles of water had made the bottom of my jeans very wet. =S

Anyway, I am so happy that I got to have close interactions with the aircrafts and weapons even though they are just models for display purposes. I get to touch them too! Woohoo! I am really happy when I saw the Black Knight! =D Took a picture with one pilot before Parvin and I left the air base. Think that person is Black Knight 4. Haha. Only get to see the pilots when we were about the leave. Not bad that we got the chance to take a picture!

There was an aerial display at 5pm. It is really cool! As many aircrafts together with some other machines and vechicles were performing at the same time, it is quite hard for me to take videos as I do not know what to take! Haha! In order to create an atmosphere for their performance, they had used some explosives. The third explosion was relatively nearer to me as compared to the first and second. I screamed as it was really loud and I wasn't prepared. Feel really embarassed after that, especially when there are some RSAF people standing in front of me. =.=

The show started with the performance by 8 parachutists. Their parachutes are bright green and are really eye-catching. After that is the departure of 4 fighter planes. 2 planes each for the 2 types of fighter planes. Even though the sound is loud, it's cool! I am quite happy that I got to see how they depart and land.

Anyway, there are a lot of other activities too. As Parvin and I are more interested in taking pictures, we didn't take part in the activities. Not bad that my brother had enjoyed himself and won some prizes. What I would like to add on is that the souvenirs given to polytechnic and ITE students are very nice! Screamed at home when I opened up and see that they are the things that I like. A bit disappointed that I do not get to keep the invitation letter as a souvenir after exchanging for that box of nice souvenirs.

I was planning to go there early in the morning as there are a lot of events in the morning as compared to the noon. That would include the lucky draw for an aircraft ride! As Parvin can only make it in the noon, I have no choice but to accomodate. Well, it is not that bad afterall as both of us are drained after 4 hours. Quite lucky that we didn't went in the morning. Furthermore, as it rained in the noon, there are not much people which enables us to have more space to take more pictures.






No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa