Wednesday, August 06, 2008

NDP 2008 Preview

The preview is a tiring one for me. Got a new job which is under the hot hot sun for quite a long time. Not bad that I got to try out a new job even though I still hope to be a static again. Anyway, after I finished my job, I went around looking for other jobs. Helping out in areas that need help. I did a total of 4 jobs I must say. Haha! Everybody are trying to slack and I am looking for jobs, so different. I am sooo tired that I feel like collapsing anytime. Feel like I have no strength to walk to the train station. I even stood and sleep in the train! But, overall, I am happy. Feel a little bad that I didn't smile much as I am too tired to smile even though I am happy. I did do my best to put on a smile.

The bay ambassadors are suppose to report by 11.45am. Many were late, including the EXCO members as well. This is due to the new route that we have to take to walk to the promenade. There are security checks this time. There are two army guys who were suppose to block the original route that we usually take to the promenade. They only tell me that I have to enter from the other side after I enter the entrance that they are suppose to block. =.= Anyway, it took me a long walk to enter the promenade as I have to walk to the other end of the promenade after the security check. On the bright side, I get to tour a little of the promenade. Haha.

My group was split up into three. I am in the funpack group but I ended up giving out Sunshine buns. If I am involved in the funpacks part, think I wouldn't be under the sun for that long. Even though I was working under the sun for a few hours, I am not sun-burnt. My skin did turn darker anyway. Wonder why they don't built a shed for my position while the funpacks section have.

Anyway, I am shouting again. The only bay ambassador shouting in my area. My throat is a little sore after the whole event. "Good afternoon! Enjoy the show!" "Kaya or coffee?" "zhu4 ni3 yu2 kuai4!" There are nice and not so nice people. I learned something new again from my new job. I allow the people to choose the flavour of the bread initially. Stopped that when the people are surging in. The reason is that there would be a bottle neck as there are time taken for them to decide on the flavour. The army guys in-charge of my area are quite nice. He ask me to ask the people to take the bread themselves rather than giving out one by one so that I wouldn't be so tired. He also allow people to take more than one bread as he say there are too many breads available. One offered to help me when he see that I am working alone. Another higher rank one came to me and remind me to hydrate myself. It ended up that there are not enough bread for late-comers.

I give out breads and restricting it to one person each as the bread is running out. I don't want to see some people taking extras and waste it while some other people are going hungry. There are people that still grab the breads when I was busy giving away breads to the people. There are more than one box opened at the same time so I cannot really control. Think the worse part is when the public surged in. Two hands doesn't seems to be enough. The army guys didn't give me a hand because they keep running to get more boxes of bread out. People are still surging in even though the show has started.

After the last bread is given out, I went to help the army guys to give out booklets. Was hoping to have extra breads for me but guees it's not the case. I went to help ushering people to the stairwells for the late-comers plan after I see that the flow is minimised and the army guys can cope by themselves to give out the booklets.

Went for dinner and watch the show with BinBin after confirming that other people in my group do not need any extra assistance. Went to my favourite spot, the staircase that I have been static for two weeks. Saw Wei Shan again. High together with her for the finale. The props changed a lot. The heart-shape was fine and still not as nice as NE show 1 I must say. I saw new designs of fireworks!! It's a circle made out of dots with a red alphabet 'S' made out of dots in the middle. I still prefer Spain's mashmallow fireworks. Haha.

After the show, since I have no instructions on where to go even though I was told that I am involved on dispersal plan, I am the static usher again! Feel rather odd that there is no static usher that day while other staircases have. So, I shouted again. "Thank you for coming! Please watch your steps!" "Byebye!" I asked them to watch their steps as the floor is not consistent. There's a small slope. I don't want trampling to occur especially when the people are surging out. I raised my left hand till I cannot hold it anymore. Rest my hand for a few seconds and raise it up again. This is when I realise that I haven't been smiling much even though I feel happy.

After the people have left, I went to look for BinBin as she want to slack at somewhere else. I saw some people, the public, playing with the cars for the performance! Haha. I want to play too! But I am too shy to do so.

Chatted with BinBin before going for the outer-quardon's "yum-seng" and debrief. Saw the People's Association (PA) people taking pictures at the staircase on the floating platform. Hope that the volunteers can do so too after the actual day's parade. Guess it's going to be fun even though we are not as colourful as the PA people. Haha. The "yum-seng" caused me to be a little wet, am scared that my uniform can be seen through though. Instead of drinking water, the people pour water on the person who initiated the "yum-seng" session. Think his name is Alex, not sure. Haha. Feel that it's a little waste of water especially when the EXCO members are saying that they are having shortage of water.

After debrief, I planned to take direct bus direct home. Waited for thirty minutes and not a bus appear. Took a train instead because I heard a member of my group said that the bus services would only resume at 11pm. I have waited from 10pm till 10.30pm and I am too tired to wait any longer. Furthermore, I have two more papers to go then. I was having migraine that the left side of my head hurts a lot. Strolled towards the MRT station at first. Walked super fast later on after some motivation.

My whole head hurts after I reached home till I have some problem going to sleep even though I am super tired. My eyes were a little blood-shot. Think it took me a few days, till Tuesday morning I think, to gain enough sleep.

Jiayou for the actual day!! ^^





No comments:

 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa