Monday, February 22, 2010

River HongBao 2010

This was my first time attending this event. Before going down to the Marina Promenade, I was expecting lots of beautiful displays, nice foods and a big crowd of people.

As I reached there at around 9.30pm, there were not that much people there. Joycelyn, HongQuan and I stayed till the venue was closed at 11.30pm. Because of the minimal number of people, we managed to take quite a lot of nice pictures. As I forgot to bring my camera along, I have to use my camera phone to shoot pictures. Many turned out to be blurred.

Items on displays did not turned out to be as much as I thought it would be. I especially like the pandas and the dragon made of molten sugar. As I went there late with a hungry stomach, I really felt like biting the dragon! It just looks so yummy. Some people were selling some masterpieces beside this sugar dragon. They use the molten sugar to draw out different types of animals. They are really cool! A beautifully drawn animal was done within seconds.

I took most of the pictures with the pandas. They are just unresistably cute. The one set of display dedicated to pandas is quite nice. There are pandas that are fishing, riding, and even taking pictures!

We went to the food section, hoping to try some nice foods. We ended up eating nothing as the price was way too high for the small amount of food. The food however smells nice though. Some of the food seemed common, for example, pancakes. I would rather buy the durian pancake from AMK Hub then from there as it was really very small. Furthermore, what was spread in the pancake was just simply strawberry jam.

There were some other stalls besides from those selling foods. But there were not relly very much interesting things there.

The three of us took lots of fun pictures at the entrace before heading home as the decorations of the entrance seemed nice.

It was a rather tiring day as it was rather rush. I can only visit the place on Thursday as it only last till the last day of Chingay. It would be nice if the duration could be extended so that I can take my time to visit after Chingay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa ss_blog_claim=596a65d50abc1e411851e15a1534b2fa